Bought ultra guard topical flea med for our 4 cats. Immediately after putting it on they all started freaking out, the medicine smelled EXTREMELY overwhelming which was my first red flag. All of the cats continued acting strange and wild so I searched for info about the product online. After reading from many sources the horrible things Hartz flea meds have caused, I decided to bath all 4 cats at 1AM as i was afraid I’d wake up to them dead or extremely ill. This product is not worth the damage it causes! Shame on the Hartz company for allowing this poison to remain in store shelves. Despicable.
My 2 year old puppy dies after using the hartz shampoo. I’m so heart broken over this.
my 70 pound pit bull terrier after using this shampoo has started itching and loosing hair and bitting at himself. im so sick that i used this stuff and couple days later read anout this on facebook
Bought this product for my new puppy. Took him home for a bath and caged him for the night. I heard him whining the whole night but I figured he was missing his litter mates. He was dead when I woke up the next day.
I had 4 pure bred pit bull puppies that I loved dearly. They were only 13 weeks old and we were trying to adjust them to being outside. There are ticks and we spray the tick and flea spray in the pen. We started to spray the pups regularly. We woke up to one puppy dead and we weren’t sure if a spider got in or something else. The vet told us it was poison. The next night we brought them in and they had diarrhea, were lethargic, had completely sunken in all withen 12 hours. They didn’t throw up or seize and still had an appetite. I put them back outside and a few hours later one died laying down and the other in mid drink of water. The last pup made it till the next morning with me with her till she left. I am so heavy hearted writing this, but I want everyone to be aware so their pups are safe.
We bathed our pug piper with hartz shampoo. She became lethargic and unable to stand or walk. And the next day was having seizure like symptoms. She passed away today in my sons arms on the way to the vet. She was our world please be careful!
I used the Hartz Ultra Guard Flea and Tick Spray on my 75lb pitbull and within 10 minutes (supervised, to make sure he wouldn’t try to lick it off) , he started quivering and acting lethargic. I immediately started the shower and lathered him down multiple times to get it completely off his coat. Almost immediately after I got him out, he stopped quivering and after a few hours he was acting back to normal. THANKFULLY, this poison of a substance was not on him long enough to really seep into his skin. I have not and will NEVER AGAIN buy Hartz products!
I rescued my border collie when she was 2 years old, she was my best friend. I had some money issues when she was 15 in 2018 within hours of using hertz flea and tick shampoo she had a seizure, I knew she did not eat anything so I carried her to the bathroom and washed her with plain water. She was in poor health for the remainder of her life. She lived to age 17. She was my best friend.
When we first got our puppies, we shampooed them in Hertz Shampoo. They began to shed their hair and then sores came on them. Next day they both were dead
I used this on my dog and then took him for a walk he was 2 years old healthy not long since I’ve taken him to vet for a routine check up and shortly after the 15 minute walk he collapsed with his first seizure and sadly passed away