Chemical Burns!!!

I just used Hartz UltraGaurd my cat George this morning and he has chemical burns and hair loss!!!! I immediately put him in the tub and ran water over the spot for about ten minutes and washed him all over!!! I’m so worried and upset right now, I wish I would have known how terrible this product was! So far he’s acting ok but I’m worried now and will keep close eye on him. Hopefully I rinsed him long enough I don’t know what else I should do for the moment 😞

Fuck you, Hartz!


Hartz Flea and Tick shampoo


This is Cinnamon, she is 9 years old. Today I bathed her in Fast Acting Hartz Flea and Tick shampoo. After her bath I blowdried her and brushed her. She seemed fine. 10 minutes later I took her outside and when she came back in she fainted and started to have a seizure and began to urinate and have a bowel movement. I have realized that this Flea and Tick shampoo is fatal to dogs! We are lucky that she is still with us now!
She still seems a little disoriented and has anxiety. She usually likes to lick her shampoo and I would have never thought this would have happened!
We love you Cinnamon aka Wiggle Bumb!

Hartz flea treatment – another story of it almost killing a beloved pet

Several years back, we decoded to try the Hartz brand flea treatment on our adult calico cat, lovingly named Penelope. We had prior alwayd used the vet recommended Advantage or Revolution, however was gettng pricey…. worst mistake ever made was trying the hartz. Almlst immediatley the cat starting freaking out, runing around, eyes watering, wouldnt let us near her. As shes a very friendly vmcat, nd in the past whenever something was wrong she would come to us rifgt away something wasnt right here…. she started trying to scratch or wretch her head around to lick off the treatment like nothing we ever saw. All almost immediatly. She went into spasms and seizures and started to have un cobtrolled diarherra. Luckily we got her to the vet, after several 100 dollars saved her. Howver the vet said ahe was very lucky to be alive. She also said as canada doesnt have a fda type governing organization over pet products they can lretty much put whatever they want into these products and go rifgt to the shelves. The vet said she has seen these thpes and worse reactions and they were quite commmon from both the cat and dog hartz flea drops and collars. And to STEER CLEAR OF THEM. i called hartz about this. They were rude. And pffered notgibg. They even attemlted to blame me sayibg perhaps i used the product wrong. They attempted to blame the store daying maybe they store had old or expired produxt. They even attempted to blame my cat daying maybe she ate something she shouldnt have. All lies. And in the end all they would offer up, no applogies or answers, but offers to MAIL ME IUT COUPONS FOR MORE HARTZ FLEA TREATMENT!!!! can u imagine?!

Anyways stay clear of this and all overtge counter flea treatments just to ne safe. And im so sorry to everyone whose been thru a similar situation….

Hartz ear mite medicine poisoned my cat

I put hartz ear mite medicine in my cats ears.. By the next day he stopped eating and then couldn’t get up. When he got up to use the litter box he started seizing. He suffered through the night until the vet opened up, I took him to the vet Monday 11-12_2018.. He had a fever of 104.9 and kept having seizures.. The vet has been working on him for 2 days now and this is the second night he has had to stay there.. I think hartz should pay my vet bills.. It is wrong this stuff is still on the shelf. I have never seen a cat ever do what happened to my baby boy. I thought he was going to die before the vet opened. Most horrible thing I have ever seen.. We are on a fixed income but my cat needed help.. I don’t know how I am going to pay for all this but he deserves a chance at life and I don’t care what it takes or costs.. Hartz how dare you..

Flea powder for dogs

I used flea powder for dogs on my carpet. I used on 2 throwrugs sparingly, taking my animals outside for 20 minutes and vacuuming and aired out house. The next morning my german shepherd cross fell off our bed hitting his head on the floor. He went down like a rock. My dad was a doctor, our home held his office. I have raised cats, dogs, horses etc. I know what a seizure looks like. It was not a seizure like I had ever seen. His left eye rolled back in his head, his left side became twisted and he could not walk. It was a neurological event definitely. He came out of it about 3 minutes and went outside and playef with our other dogs like it never happened. There is no doubt in my mind it was the flea powder. Just imagine if I had put it on him per the label! I shampooed and threw away all rugs and rewashed all bedding. He is 9. Never saw anything like that.

Zeus & Merlin

After using Hartz product both of my cats, one 7 years old, the other 5 years old suffered from seizures before they died. Zeus had become very bloated and both cats lost their appetite and wouldn’t drink any water. Zeus is in the picture.

Please Don’t Buy

My story is similar to the rest of the stories. Gave my 2 year old King Charles Cavalier one of these treats and she immediately started with diarrhea and vomiting. I researched the treat, as that was the only new thing introduced to her diet and was mortified and saddened to see all the incidents other pet owners have had. I was appalled they are still being sold in stores! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can help my fur baby through this? She was up most of the night with diarrhea. Hoping these are taken off the shelves. I will be advising all pet owners I know NOT to purchase these treats.

Hartz Flea & Tick Spray killed my car

Warning! I sprayed my 6 month old healthy cat with this product this morning. Within 1 hour he was dead. I called Hartz to report it and asked if this had happened before and was told they do not keep statistics. Do not use!

I Didn’t Know, Now I Do!

I am filled with regret. My two indoor cats got fleas – something I have not had to deal with in many years. I remembered using those white collars years ago so decided to go with what I knew.

My oldest, Casey, became quite ill within two days. The younger cat, Sekan, seemed fine. The next day, Casey was worse, and I noticed that Sekan seemed somewhat lethargic.

The light dawned, and I quickly removed the collars.

The next day, Casey was no better, so I took him to the vet, who confirmed that it was the collar – “they’re too strong and very bad for cats,” he said.

He examined Casey and drew blood. He concluded that Casey had been poisoned. He assured me that Casey would survive, but there were times over the preceding days when I thought I was going to lose him.

He is still lethargic. Sekan seems fine now. What an unnecessary mess!

I’m going to file a complaint with Hartz. This product should not be on the shelves.