Seargents Skip Flea shampoo

Two weeks ago, I purchased Seargents skip Flea shampoo at my local grocery store because the hot weather caused fleas to overwhelm my cat despite the use of a flea collar that normally works fine. We read the bottle and used the recommended amount of shampoo to bathe our cat. Within an hour, our cat had a seizure. The seizure lasted several minutes. We frantically called the vet, but by that time the seizure was over and she was doing somewhat better so we made an urgent care appointment for the next day. The next day, the vet examined her and drew some blood for some tests and gave her some flea treatment because the shampoo did not seam to have removed any fleas. The vet sent us home since there was nothing more they could do at that point other than wait for the test results. They said they would call us the following morning with the results of the tests. Our cat did not make it through that night. In the morning the vet called and let us know the results of the tests showed that our cat had kidney failure. This shampoo poisoned her and she died.

I went back to the store where I purchased the shampoo and told them I do not want to return it nor do I want a refund, as I do not want it put back on the store shelf to be sold to another unsuspecting pet parent. I asked to speak to someone who could help me get them to stop selling this product. They immediately had a two managers come over and address my concerns. I showed them my vet bill and a picture of my cat; and explained again what happened. They explained that because they are part of a large, nationwide conglomerate, they do not get to choose at the site level which products to stock, but that they would follow up with the purchasing manager to try. The customer service representative and both managers were very compassionate and empathetic, so I hope that this will have some impact.

My Kitten, now an Adult

I bought the flea and tick collar for my 5 month old kitten in 2009 and it burned the fur off the back of her neck in a matter of days. She had scabs for weeks and it took a while for her fur to grow back. Fast forward 9 years: she STILL gets hotspots on her neck from where the collar was. Reading through these stories, I can’t help but feel like her behavior issues are somehow related as well. NEVER USE THESE PRODUCTS.

Hartz sucks

My Zoey is 1 year old. I put this Hartz Ultraguard Plus on my dog 7-28-18. Within 2 hours she was having grand mal seizures! Called my vet, they said wash her with dawn soap! The grandmal seizures stopped for a few days then the little one started!!! 8-7-18 the grandmal seizures started back up again! She had 8 grandmal seizures in less then 24 hours! Took her to the E.R. vet and they said she has full blown epilepsy now! She will have to be on seizure meds for the rest of her life! This company just dont care about our pets. If they did they would take this crap off the market! But no its all about the money they make from it!!!

Almost killed my dog

My dog was poisoned by this product.
I put the flea and tick on my dog on Friday afternoon.
Sunday afternoon he wouldn’t walk, drink or eat.
Monday morning I rushed him to his veterinarian.
The vet did X-ray, ultrasound, charcoal and IV ALL day.
No improvement.
I was advised to take my dog to a 24 hr emergency vet hospital for more IV and Charcoal and also possible seizures.
I picked up my dog yesterday 7-31-2018 from emergency vet with a prescription for muscle relaxers. The vet has no idea if my dog will ever stop twitching but he is stable and is allowed to come home.
Now he is home and I have to hand feed him, Give him a drink of water from a syringe.
He twitches and shakes nonstop. My dog won’t lift his head and even respond to his name anymore.
I am praying that he will eventually make a full recovery.
I know I am blessed that he is home with me but what quality of life is my dog going to have?
I’m devastated and so mad at myself for buying this product.
How is this still on the market?