Even a Vet recommened it!

Yesterday two cats, Ali & Penelope, almost died due to Sentry Purrfect for Cats & Kittens. After finding fleas my friend called her vet, after a short conversation the vet recommend she go ahead & buy something over the counter. So my friend headed to Petsmart where they recommended Sentry. Even after asking if it was okay they insisted it was fine & that all she needed to do was read the instructions. She headed home & Put the application RIGHT where it said and sat down. Minutes later her cat started to jump around and run all over the place, then she started to foam at the mouth. Scared out of her mind she washed both cats with Dawn dish soap (She complained how oily the stuff was). Dried them off & they were both fine. She even called the company (Sentry) to tell them that her cat was having a reaction to there product. All the lady said was “You did it wrong, your fault” & did nothing else. So she hung up & called a few emergency vets all of which wouldn’t take her in or told her to wait it out that it was ‘just a reaction’. She kept watch on her cat until 7am when I got a text. I rushed over with my cat carrier only to find her cat with what WE thought was constant seizures, come to find out it was tremors. She continued to call more emergency vets just for them to tell her don’t bother, it’s just a reaction. Feeling it was ‘more’ than a reaction we rushed her to the vet only to find out that she was poisoned.  The minute my friend gave her the application it started to seep into her skin & caused her body to shut down, it was only a matter of minutes before she would pass.

Later on in the evening after already having to put an animal down her other cat started to act funny. Her tail twiched, her legs when out, & her eyes were twitching back & forth. After one call she found a vet to take her in asap so she rushed over and they managed to administer medicine quickly & stop the tremors. After a round of blood work the vet said she TO had traces of the toxin somehow (She didn’t have it applied to her) and her body was trying to fight it. She was shocked to hear a vet had recommenced using something over the counter & even more so how many told her to ‘wait it out’. Ali is home now doing better & on meds. for 3 days but Penelope sadly wasn’t going to make it & was put to sleep her body had already started to shut down.

Death to early

We had 3 cats and 1 dog at our house and now we just have 1 cat and 1 dog. Our story is very sad and no one else needs to go through it.
Yesterday we noticed a flea on one of our russian blues, we went to buy some flea controll, Hartz was the brand we decided to purchase. We get home and put the flea controll on all of our animals. Later on in the evening we started to noticed that our 2 russian blues were acting strange. There body movements were jerky, the face was twiching, there meow was weak. Shortly after they both started to have seizurs. At this point we decided to put down the 2 cats. We could not watch them suffer anymore. It was a horrible experiance and no one should have to deal with this kind of loss.
If I would have research this product and found this site we would never bought it.
This product should be taken off the store shelves so no one else have to suffer the lose that we endured last night. Hartzs need to change there packaging to say it may cause death if used. Right now all it says is that there might be some sensitivity to the product. To me that says nothing about death or the side effects that it may cause. Only if we would have know maybe our loved ones would still be with us.

R.I.P       Tika and Carneilius. You will always be in our hearts.

Hartz Food killed all Four of My Guinea Pigs

I had four healty happy guinea pigs we ran out of food one day and went out and bott Hartz brand 🙁 :(:( we clead there cages everything was new and clean. Then we put the Hartz brand food into there bowls and three weeks later one of my guinea pigs died completly out of nowere. my mom and I did’nt know what she died from she was six years old so we just thouth she was old and died in her sleep. So my other three guinea pigs were still eating the food. Then today the other three die……I found them in there cages…..and there cages were cleaned earler today so we refilled there food  bowls with the Hartz Brand 🙁 then my family and I went about our day. And when it started geting late for my family to wined down for the day I went to check on them for the night and they were dead…………I am so confused and shocked……  they had new bedding, water, and the stupid Hartz Brand food.They all where poisend by the food. I don’t get it at all. I miss them so much.

 

IN LOVING MEMORY OF FOUR HAPPY LOVING GUINEA PIGS-Saturday June, 5, 2011 (Clara) and Friday, June 17,2011 (Bugsy,Jasper, and Vanilla)

1. Clara

2. Bugsy

3. Jasper

4. Vanilla

I love them so much 🙁

Please do not buy this food or any other product from them!

Too many to remember

I don’t have a personal story, but I just wanted to say that I am an RVT and have worked in a clinic for 9 years, I have seen neurological, skin and behavior reactions to these cheap flea products, some have resulted in death and some in permanent damage. There have been too many to count, it’s a tragedy that these products are on the market and so easy to buy. Something must be done. This page is a great start.

Afraid of losing my little girl

My beautiful 1 1/2 year old cat Harley is fortunate to be alive right now. I places a Hartz flea collar on her and my other kitten ( 9 months old ) on them both. Mookie was not affected, but not even 10 minutes after putting the collar on Harley she collapsed. I took the collar off of her promptly and rushed her straight to the vet, while my mom took the other collar off of Mookie. They gave her a bath and immediate fluids, which is probably why she is still with me now.

Everything was fine for a while, but she collapsed again a few short days after her first incident, and I never did put the collar back on her. She has been back to the vet, given another bath, and also more fluids. She still has seizures, where she will just go limp. but I stay by her side and pet her and talk to her. She’ll eventually snap out of it. She is fortunately regaining energy, eating, drinking, and attempting to play now. I HOPE with all of my heart this shows she’s on the road to a full recovery. She’s not quite back to 100% yet, and still a bit unstable on her feet at times, though she refuses to accept it as she tries to jump around and play as she did before this horror happened. I keep her by me at all times and feed her numerous times to get her back up to par.

Hartz should be ashamed, selling products that we trust will help our animals, but instead Slowly kill them from the inside.

Even though my beloved cat is getting better, she’s not in the clear yet. I can only hope she completely recovers.

Another victim

I also bought this product and put it on 2 of 3 chihuahuas……..one is pregnant. They both started panting, drooling, scratching and could not sleep, it seamed as if they were having convulsions. It has been 2 days and doses of meds later and they are still having problems. Their skin is scorched. If anyone needs help to take these people down or you have a lawsuit, I will be more than happy to help. They are still selling this product even after all of the problems and complaints they have had. They really care about our pets don’t they!!! Thank you, you can email me at   [email protected]