Hartz Ultra Guard Flea and Tick Drops

Hartz Tick Drops… if applied to your pet…

Wash them off your animal IMMEDIATLEY ! Take that product back to walmart and demand your money back.

My Dog got a severe bleeding nose less then 15 mins of applying a 30lb one month dose. My dog is 100lb King Doberman, he went into convulsions, and seemed dissoriented, we rushed him into the shower, used dawn dishsoap on him, and scrubbed him all over. He seems to be doing better now, that stuff is pure poison!

The blood coming out of his nose was very liquidy, almost like it was half blood half water. And very very Red in color. Nothing like this has every happened to my dog before. I’d rather pull ticks off him with tweazers then have him die from poison.

Shaun Bleich

Grayson, Sk

Canada.

[email protected]

Even a Vet recommened it!

Yesterday two cats, Ali & Penelope, almost died due to Sentry Purrfect for Cats & Kittens. After finding fleas my friend called her vet, after a short conversation the vet recommend she go ahead & buy something over the counter. So my friend headed to Petsmart where they recommended Sentry. Even after asking if it was okay they insisted it was fine & that all she needed to do was read the instructions. She headed home & Put the application RIGHT where it said and sat down. Minutes later her cat started to jump around and run all over the place, then she started to foam at the mouth. Scared out of her mind she washed both cats with Dawn dish soap (She complained how oily the stuff was). Dried them off & they were both fine. She even called the company (Sentry) to tell them that her cat was having a reaction to there product. All the lady said was “You did it wrong, your fault” & did nothing else. So she hung up & called a few emergency vets all of which wouldn’t take her in or told her to wait it out that it was ‘just a reaction’. She kept watch on her cat until 7am when I got a text. I rushed over with my cat carrier only to find her cat with what WE thought was constant seizures, come to find out it was tremors. She continued to call more emergency vets just for them to tell her don’t bother, it’s just a reaction. Feeling it was ‘more’ than a reaction we rushed her to the vet only to find out that she was poisoned.  The minute my friend gave her the application it started to seep into her skin & caused her body to shut down, it was only a matter of minutes before she would pass.

Later on in the evening after already having to put an animal down her other cat started to act funny. Her tail twiched, her legs when out, & her eyes were twitching back & forth. After one call she found a vet to take her in asap so she rushed over and they managed to administer medicine quickly & stop the tremors. After a round of blood work the vet said she TO had traces of the toxin somehow (She didn’t have it applied to her) and her body was trying to fight it. She was shocked to hear a vet had recommenced using something over the counter & even more so how many told her to ‘wait it out’. Ali is home now doing better & on meds. for 3 days but Penelope sadly wasn’t going to make it & was put to sleep her body had already started to shut down.

Death to early

We had 3 cats and 1 dog at our house and now we just have 1 cat and 1 dog. Our story is very sad and no one else needs to go through it.
Yesterday we noticed a flea on one of our russian blues, we went to buy some flea controll, Hartz was the brand we decided to purchase. We get home and put the flea controll on all of our animals. Later on in the evening we started to noticed that our 2 russian blues were acting strange. There body movements were jerky, the face was twiching, there meow was weak. Shortly after they both started to have seizurs. At this point we decided to put down the 2 cats. We could not watch them suffer anymore. It was a horrible experiance and no one should have to deal with this kind of loss.
If I would have research this product and found this site we would never bought it.
This product should be taken off the store shelves so no one else have to suffer the lose that we endured last night. Hartzs need to change there packaging to say it may cause death if used. Right now all it says is that there might be some sensitivity to the product. To me that says nothing about death or the side effects that it may cause. Only if we would have know maybe our loved ones would still be with us.

R.I.P       Tika and Carneilius. You will always be in our hearts.

Too many to remember

I don’t have a personal story, but I just wanted to say that I am an RVT and have worked in a clinic for 9 years, I have seen neurological, skin and behavior reactions to these cheap flea products, some have resulted in death and some in permanent damage. There have been too many to count, it’s a tragedy that these products are on the market and so easy to buy. Something must be done. This page is a great start.

Sergeant’s Gold Poisoned my Dog too

I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi that will be 1 yr old in Sept. He has always been very healthy, up to date on shots and energetic. Last week I noticed he had a few fleas so on Friday I went to Wal-Mart and purchased some Sergeant’s Gold flea and tick squeeze on treatment. I came home bathed him and a couple of hours later applied the treatment as directed for his size and weight.

On Saturday morning he was acting a little weird, hiding under the bed a lot but we had a lot of company so I thought maybe he was just a little scared, even though he is usually very social. Saturday night though I noticed he hadn’t really been eating or drinking that day and he kept rolling on his back and shaking his head a lot like maybe something was in his ear and he was scratching the place on his back where the treatment was applied.

On Sunday his behavior got worse, still no eating or drinking, he did not want to go outside at all and now had retreated to the closet as a hiding spot and would not come out even when he was called. His back legs were shaking a little and he was still itching and even biting at the spot where the treatment was applied, he had also began whining.

At 3:30 Monday morning my husband and I decided that the Sergeant’s Gold must have given him some kind of reaction so my husband bathed our dog in baby shampoo but it did not help much at all. I finally decided to go online to see what I could find out about this product and found this website. I was horrified by the other stories so similar and even much worse then mine such as seizures and death. I called the toll free emergency number on the back of the Sergeant’s box and was told the same as many of you that I needed to wash our dog 2-3 times in liquid dish soap to remove any of the treatment still on his skin and then to feed him tuna juice because he may have got some of the chemicals in his mouth and the juice would neutralize them so maybe he would eat and drink again. I did as they instructed and have still seen very little improvement in my dog. I have managed to get him to eat and drink a little and to go outside to use the bathroom but he is still jumpy, and itching and in the closet.

We do not have the money to take him to the vet this week so we are just pushing fluids and trying to do everything we can for him. I am adding my posting because people need to be aware of this poison if I had known any of the information about the adverse effects of this product I never would have even thought about putting it on my pet. Others need to be informed. I have contacted our local news station and have asked them to do a story on this and let other pet owners know the dangers of this horrible product. I hope to hear back from them very soon because other pet owners must be informed to protect their beloved pets from this poison.

Saved thanks to HartzVictims.org

Last night was a terrible night for our Lola, a 1 yr old mini doxie. We purchased Sergeants Gold Flea & Tick Squeeze on for Dogs (9-20 lbs) earlier that day for her. We applied it at around 9:30 at night, following the on-package instructions. She started running around the house and at first we thought she was just being silly. But by 10 her eyes started to swell and she was itching at her face. Her breathing was irregular so we called the emergency number. They told us to wash her 3 times with Dawn brand dish soap and then to feed her tuna fish (WHAT?!) so she can get food/nutrients in her system. We washed her 5 times total but she was getting worse. She was frothing at the mouth and vomiting a little blood. All I can say is thank God for this website–I found it quickly and followed the advice. We got her to the emergency vet by 11 and they told us we brought her just in time. After a stressful night spent in the pet hospital, Lola is better (albeit a little sleepy).

The vet told us that reactions from Sergeants is basically how they stay in business. SO MANY dogs and way more cats are allergic to this stuff. Recommend to everyone you know to not buy Sergeants! The effects can be fatal, as too many on this site have proven. Why doesn’t Sergeants have a warning label on the back of their package? They only list the emergency number but from what I’ve read that number is not helpful. They need to put a side effects listing on the package! This needs to be stopped!