My cousin had a gorgeous black tiger cat. They had used Hartz flea control on him because another house-cat of theirs goes outside. They put the flea medicine on him while he was laying down. He sleeps a lot as normal and about two hours later they went to feed him. He wasn’t moving when they got the food out. My cousin went to pet him and he was completely cold. He had died within the two hours they put the flea medicine on him. He was a healthy cat, no health issues. We all strongly believe it was the Hartz medicine.
Never!! Please, never ever use this product!
We have two beautiful healthy young dogs (4-5 yrs), with a pristine health record (until hartz of course). They get premium food – Timberwolf Organics, Acana, Origen, Blue (I mention this because poor diet is often associated with illness in your pawsy companions).
We had new neighbors with dogs move in a few weeks ago and my little one had started itching a bit. I was going to order frontline from petmeds and instead picked this up in a split second decision while walking out from Wallys. My logic being, “hey if it doesn’t work, I can still order the Frontline”. Plus it was priced at only $5.99
On Saturday evening, I showered the girls and applied this on my itchy one. The next day my dog started showing signs of minor epileptic shocks – yelping in her sleep…yes I do know about dog dreaming, but these dreams, if they were that, were, with shock, pain and disorientation. Since it was Sunday, our regular vet was unavailable. We had no idea how serious this was about to become! That night, convinced that she was having a series of bad dreams we made sure she slept close to us on the bed. The episodes continued that whole night, a couple of hours apart.
Next morning I noticed some swelling on her snout and one of her eyes. There was also a red spot on her belly. By that time we had read other peoples reviews on this product and were shocked that this poison is still put out for unsuspecting consumers!! Alarmed we called the local emergency care and described her symptoms. They urge us to rush her there. By the time we reached the hospital, my baby had gone into an anaphylactic shock. She had petechiae all over her abdomen and she was swollen all over!
She was hospitalized after she was stabilized with steroids, antihistamine and antibiotics. Our woes did not end there though. I can go into more details, but I feel it suffices to tell you all that after about four thousand dollars and a homeopathic detox program, we were finally able to get her close to normal. After about a month and a half today, she still takes some herbs and supplements to support and balance her messed up immune system.
Just ONE tube of the three doses!!
The amount of anguish and death related to this product far outweighs the justification of dogs who might be ‘flea free’. In the course of that week we must have met at least half a dozen vets who just shook their heads when I mentioned the Hartz product!! It has killed hundreds of cats apparently and is more fatal to their littler bodies (my dogs are about 65lbs each).
Please do not, do not buy this poison!!
PS: Friends on the Hartzvictims forum, please also post your reviews on potential buyer sites, like Amazon, which is where I originally posted this review.
Thanks Josh for having this site. I feel sad for, and my compassion goes out to every person and their pets on this forum.