Even a Vet recommened it!

Yesterday two cats, Ali & Penelope, almost died due to Sentry Purrfect for Cats & Kittens. After finding fleas my friend called her vet, after a short conversation the vet recommend she go ahead & buy something over the counter. So my friend headed to Petsmart where they recommended Sentry. Even after asking if it was okay they insisted it was fine & that all she needed to do was read the instructions. She headed home & Put the application RIGHT where it said and sat down. Minutes later her cat started to jump around and run all over the place, then she started to foam at the mouth. Scared out of her mind she washed both cats with Dawn dish soap (She complained how oily the stuff was). Dried them off & they were both fine. She even called the company (Sentry) to tell them that her cat was having a reaction to there product. All the lady said was “You did it wrong, your fault” & did nothing else. So she hung up & called a few emergency vets all of which wouldn’t take her in or told her to wait it out that it was ‘just a reaction’. She kept watch on her cat until 7am when I got a text. I rushed over with my cat carrier only to find her cat with what WE thought was constant seizures, come to find out it was tremors. She continued to call more emergency vets just for them to tell her don’t bother, it’s just a reaction. Feeling it was ‘more’ than a reaction we rushed her to the vet only to find out that she was poisoned.  The minute my friend gave her the application it started to seep into her skin & caused her body to shut down, it was only a matter of minutes before she would pass.

Later on in the evening after already having to put an animal down her other cat started to act funny. Her tail twiched, her legs when out, & her eyes were twitching back & forth. After one call she found a vet to take her in asap so she rushed over and they managed to administer medicine quickly & stop the tremors. After a round of blood work the vet said she TO had traces of the toxin somehow (She didn’t have it applied to her) and her body was trying to fight it. She was shocked to hear a vet had recommenced using something over the counter & even more so how many told her to ‘wait it out’. Ali is home now doing better & on meds. for 3 days but Penelope sadly wasn’t going to make it & was put to sleep her body had already started to shut down.