My Nuggs was 12.5 when a vet pushed me to give him heart guard plus for the 1st time. He was 12.5 but he ran and played like a 2 or 3 yr old dog. Within a week of his 1st dose of heart guard plus he started peeing him self if he got excited and then he started peeing while he was sleeping and he was drinking so much water so I took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with diabetes and his blood sugar level was in the 400’s that was august he was given the heart guard plus middle of july he was fully blind by Christmas. We couldn’t get his blood sugar regulated and he had to go out multiple times a night and then in November I was just about to give him his heart guard plus for the month and I realized that had to be it so I didnt give nuggs any more we had his blood sugar regulated in December. My poor baby is now 15 blind as can be and diabetic he has to get 2 shots of insulin every day all because of the heart guard plus I will never use it as long as I live.
We applied the liquid on our cat this evening. Within an hour he had diarrhea and is drooling. We washed him off and praying hes ok.
We bathed our dog with Hartz shampoo, after that she lost use of her back legs. Our Savanah was 14 and in good health and spirits. After that bath she became very depressed and immobile. We eventually had to put her down. Hartz products killed our dog!!!
I had 3 puppies and went to walmart and bought them this shampoo and one died a hour later then the next day the other 2 died . 1& 2 yr old was devastated. This was this past yr .
I had an indoor 5 year old cat and somehow he got fleas. I went to the Family Dollar and purchased Sergeant’s Silver Flea/Tick treatment for Cats. I used it according to the directions. Within a few days my poor cat became sick. Not eating. Crying. Hiding. Unfortunately this happened on New Years Eve 2019. I could not find a Vet office open! My buddy, my guy, the first cat I’ve ever had DIED because of this medication! I buried him in my backyard. I’ve never had to do that to one of my pets before. It was one of the hardest thing I EVER had to do in my life! BUT it was New Year’s and I had no choice. I had always had my dogs put down at the Vet’s. I was and still am heartbroken. I so want to SUE the heck out of Hartz!!! His death was totally uncalled for!!! As I’ve read some other postings where using this product caused harm and/or death to their pets….WHY can’t we band together and sue them???????
I had 2 chihuahua/yorkie mixes one male one female. Both in great health running around playing eating drinking and just normal pets. My daughter and I bathed them and within an hour of that bath using the Hartz dog shampoo my female was lethargic, short of breath, immobilized, jaw held shut, we tried everything and anything to nurse her back to health as it was a weird episode. Hydration didn’t help we literally sat and watched and tried helping her for 2 hours post bath as she slowly died on us. As a family of 5 sitting trying to help her and watching all the way through this was so hard. My male had a seizure but recouped. Never again will I use hartz brand anything after reading former complaints, law suits and experiences from others who have used their products. Our pets are our family and after having lost our 15 year old chihuahua to old age just a few months before and finally deciding to get another pet we had to endure loss again.
I used this shampoo on my 3yr old pitbull baby girl and she got very sick and died a week later my dog was very healthy and happy then she started having seizures she stop eating then died after i took her to the vet
I bought Hartz flea treatment for my 2 year old cat. Read some reviews online after about 1 hour of it being on my cat. Took my cat to the vet as soon as I read the reviews but it had already died. My only companion through college was killed by this trash.
Used this on my cat didn’t even think that’s what it was I feel so bad still have terrible nightmares of him gasping for air a week before thanksgiving in 2018 I didn’t even know about this till now from Facebook
My silky terrier got into seizures the same night of use and only lasted 2 weeks with treatment and died just after he’s first bath. On NOVEMBER 2019 I just find out about this product been harmful and causing deaths.