Hartz Oinkies Tender Treats (Wrapped in real chicken)

My neighbour purchased these treats from Walmart . She gave my little yorkie , Charlie, one and he threw up. In his vomit it looked like some sort of wood splinters/ saw dust fragments Weird. After reading comments here I am sold on the fact that these treats need to be off the shelf before another pet gets sick or dies from it. Poison!

Phillipe

I used this in my pug Phillipe and he was throwing up and lost 6-7 pounds, I had to have him uthenized in November 20th because of him being so sick and I didn’t want him to suffer any more and it’s killing me after taking him to vet after vet! He was my baby for 9 1/2 years and can’t get over losing him. This makes me sick that all of us are losing our babies because of a non caring, greedy company!
All hell is about to break loose!!!!!!

My daughter’s cat, Athena

September 2, 2012 at 12:34 am my daughter lost her cat after a flea bath. She was fine when we put her in. After about 2 minutes, she became unable to stand. She had a seizure and 10 minutes later she was gone. It broke my heart to tell my child her companion was gone. I have been proactive for YEARS trying to get this awful product off the shelf. I have contacted the EPA as well as the manufacturer. They know this product is fatal. So many of us have lost our fur babies. So many more have injuries to to neglect of the manufacturer. Now is the time to end this. No more innocent animals should have to die.

Our cat had a seizure and died after hartz flea drops

Hartz products are horrible need to be removed from shelves nation wide. Our cat ended up passing away after a seizure from the hartz flea drops. I freak out if I even see someone going to purchase hartz! If I see it I calmly explain why they shouldn’t!! We are in washington and I notice a lot of places refuse to carry the product anymore

Pepper…

Our new puppy Pepper was roughly 6 months old the day we had given her a bath with Hartz shampoo for dogs. We buried her a few hours after. The vet said he had only heard about something like this but had never seen it first hand. She is gone, but will never be forgotten….

Chemical burns

I used the flea and tick on my boy, the next day I notice he was sore so I took him to the vet and they ask me what I did to my dog? I was like all I did was give him a bath to find out the Hartz flea and tick gave him a chemical burn. I’m so happy I didn’t wait to take him to the vet. My heart breaks for the people who has lost their fur babies! 😢

Golden Retriever Puppy

I used this shampoo on my Golden when she was a puppy. About a year ago, when she was five months old, she had uncontrollable seizures and almost died from them. She stayed at the vet long enough to get a negative test back for distemper and luckily I was able to bring her back home. A year later she had not had any more epileptic events even off the medications. The vet says in his professional opinion he thinks that it was a toxin that caused the event due to the type of seizures they were and the fact that we have had no problems since. We have genetically tested her and her along with parents and grandparents have all come up negative for epilepsy as she comes from a long line of reputable breeders. Did not occur to me that this shampoo could have caused it until now. She used to bathe with this shampoo all the time because she was always getting in to the mud or making a mess in the kennel cause she was still potty training. I looked around the house feverishly for months after the event baffled at what could have possibly caused her to have such horrible seizures, it’s nice to finally have answers to what the toxin was.

Pomchi

My puppy of one year was washed in this shampoo and became sick to his stomach. This happened two separate times and I have now racked up almost 1000$ in vet bills. Only today did I realize this was a pretty definite connection. I threw these shampoos in my house away and will never use them again. He started puking a lot and is now on antibiotics and dietary food for digestive issues. I am so mad at this company! Loki is my little baby that could have ended up much worse. The photo is of him when he was sick.

Personal experience while showering my dog

I remember using the hartz dog shampoo three times. Twice were on my dog and once was when I when my friend had ask me to dog-sit his pup. Whenever I had used this shampoo on the pups, I would end up feeling dizzy in the bathtub and start wheezing after. I didn’t realize it was the dog shampoo and thought I was just allergic to dogs possibly. However, I had no issues with other shampoos. There is definitely something toxic in the shampoo. I had thought it was just me, but seeing this website has made me realize I should also share this story.

Please lets make case so this won’t happen to no ones pets again

My 1 year old jack Russel was happy all the time he loved us so much well me deciding to get him the treatment because he was itching so I got it well a day later my dog isn’t feeling good not eating not drinking not excited not happy we knew something was wrong. Diarrhea well next day he’s puking every were in corners .well later that night he’s diarrhea every were to well I go to give him a bath he isn’t moving my friend takes him to the animal hospital I’m freaking out well he gets there she said she can’t save him 🙁 I don’t want this to happen to anyone ever again please people we need to build a case and male sure this product is off the shelf I can’t imagine losing my baby again don’t let anyone feel this way it sucks 🙁