Last year (2018) we found a flea on Penny, (our at the time 5 year old) Collie/Golden Retriever mix. We bought this from the pet store and within hours we noticed her behaving oddly. She laid down for a nap and awoke in violent tremors. We called the vet and they insisted it was nothing to worry about, could have been a night terror. The next day it was the same, another seizure. This happened for days. I researched what could cause seizures out of the blue and 1 article I read stated to check products used that normally we wouldnt. The shampoo. I tossed it. I took her to the vet, and she seemed to slowly get back to normal. It’s been a year, and no seizures since.
We got this 5 week old pup yesterday who came from a very unfit environment. When we got him home we realized he was infested with fleas but very playful and loving. He was fine for the first few hours. After giving him a flea bath and lying him down to comb through him he became a completely different pup. Completely exhausted. When I could get him to wake up he just tried to wobble off on his own falling everywhere, even just trying to sit he would fallover. I couldnt get him to eat or drink. He seemed like he was dying! We rushed him to the vet in the middle of the night over the highway in a snow storm. When we got there the vets diagnosed him lethargic, inappetant, and showing abnormal neurological systems. He had to be hospitalized over night where they had to bath him to remove any remnant of the Harts shampoo, and insert an IV catheter to give him fluids. About 8 hours later they called to let us know he had stabilized and was coming back to life, but not without a cost. We were then served with the $1000 vet bill but a much healthier pup. HARTS almost killed this poor 5 week old puppy! This product should be taken off the shelves. It’s not just their shampoo, it’s also their flea collars and all of there other products that are known to have fatal reactions to animals.
My big boy had been battling gleans for a while, nothing worked well, and I thought a flea collar might work, nope nope nope never ever again poor dude had it on for 4 days and it did this to his skin
My Cat Tigger has fleas so I gave him a flea bath with Harts flea shampoo and when he was dry I put the monthly Harts flea treatment on him to keep the fleas away. He started acting weird. Within the hour he had a massive seizure and died in my arms. I was heartbroken for months. Please don’t ever use Harry products on your pets. It’s not worth it.
My dog was halfway through eating his oinkie from Hartz when I saw the top kg a nail sticking out!!!!
I was the owner of a 4yr old fully trained service dog named Casey. He was trained for onset diabetes and could detect 8 different fatal viruses. Among the other approximately 180 different commands. He was worth about $15,000! But to me he was pa priceless lifesaver and best pal! I bathed him once a month in Hartz flea and tick shampoo. He was diagnosed with cancer and I had to put him to sleep to end his struggling and suffering. Hartz IS the only product I used. Please use caution along with common sense if you decide to continue using this product!
I used this product on my fur baby she’s a Shitzu and it burned her skin. I stopped using it like 4 mo ago and her skin is looking a lot better Thank god nothing extreme happened.
My first dog, a rescued Lhasa Apso, has really bad fears when we found her in the woods. We took her to the vet, took care of that and $2000 worth of other issues (parasites, digestion, etc). As soon as we though she was getting better, she suddenly passed away. I thought nothing of it, she was a rescue, but we have had her over a year at that point. The only constant is I bathed her in Harts flea wash from Fred’s Superstore once a month to keep her from getting fleas. She was bathed then that night she died from a “seizure”.
I want to share my story. Sept 2019 I had a rottweiler puppy that was very healthy until I bathed him with this shampoo. Within an hour started having seizures. We took him to the vet, and they ended up putting him to sleep. My baby was suffering as a result of the shampoo. Please help save our babies this product is still on the shelf.
The shampoo caused the seizures to start and when we took her to vet , all her blood work was perfect . This stuff is poison ! I regret the purchase of this shampoo everyday because our family dog died because the seizures were too much for her . She died two days after the vet visit .