Was it the Shampoo ?

I bathed my dog Max with the ” Fast acting Hartz ultra guard” !!! He ended up getting very sick!! Liver damage is what I was told!! But it all happened so very quick. He spent 2 nights at the vets and seemed better when I picked him up. But he passed away that Monday. Now after seeing this I can’t help but wonder if this had something to do with it. This was 2 mos ago. I wish their was a way for me to find out because I would go after them in a heart beat!! He was my best friend for 10 years and I miss him so bad!!!

9 Replies to “Was it the Shampoo ?”

  1. My dog brody wasnt even 3 yet passed summer of 2018. He was fine. Healthy just at the vet a month before. Died of liver issues. All of a sudden was vomiting and puking up blood one day rushed him to emergency vet they said nothing they could do asked us a million possibilities (rat poison, antifreeze) still no answers. All we used for shampoo on him was hartz brand.

    1. The same thing happened to 2 of our Goldendoodles they was running around fine and we gave them a bath put them to bed and woke up in the middle of the night
      Throwing up and blood they died before I could even make it to the vet
      They checked for everything and said theu must have eat something that didn’t agree with them 😱😡😳 it has to be this soap

  2. It has to be this shampoo bc I washed my put with this and he stopped eating drooling from the mouth sick and wouldn’t move wouldn’t eat I thought he had parvo come to find out we stop using this and got him better and he’s fine now smh

  3. Is there a lawsuit yet ? Because I just got the heart to ask for max’s records from the vet and i truly am so heart broken over this still. I want them to suffer like their product made my baby suffer!!!

    1. We just went through this same thing with our dig Mojo they said liver failure but didn’t know what caused it within a few days he died but he was happy and healthy before that

  4. My 7 year old American
    Bully was a happy healthy playful dog, 3 days later dead.
    Our family was crushed. All of a sudden ( day one) he’s
    Less energetic goes outside but laying around not typical for him, by the end of day one he wouldn’t come to my
    Call , just sat up with his cage open panting, throwing up what looked like foam and blood. He started to take a turn for the worse… refusing to eat drink anything…. first thing the next morning we got him an emergency vet visit ( the vet said he noticed he was becoming jaundice, and he believed liver failure by being poisoned. They did IV fluids and antibiotics, liver meds all kinds of things ( he started to notice me and respond to me talking , his mouth was so dry so I was feeding him with one of my sons old baby bottles because he couldn’t
    Lift his head to drink….. All I could think is what is happening to my boy!!!!! He seemed ok after the water ( maybe I wanted him to be fine and couldn’t face an unexpected reality)
    I Prayed he was going to pull through whatever it was…. my husband I and fell asleep a little after midnight. 5am alarm for his meds rang …. I got up to find He had passed away….
    crying historical… thinking what am I going to tell the kids that was their best friend. 😢
    We went down the possibility’s how this could of happened, nothing!!!! still devastated, I still want Answers … he passed away on 11/1/ 19.
    How Could this happen! I couldn’t wrap my head around my perfectly healthy dog being ill and
    Dead 3 days later. .
    Now 12/27/19 I come across this article! I did wash him with flea
    And tick shampoo over the summer months and then in mid October gave him a frontline flee Treatment down the back.
    This company poisoned my dog! Not to mention The same Day my Other dog was supposed To get the treatment as well but was distressed from her bath so I skipped her and put it off until another day later in the week. ….
    .. she’s still alive… he is not….
    They shared the same space…
    . 😢😢😢 my poor Marley he was honest to god like a child of mine and my toddlers adored him
    As much as we did, he protected us, he was family. We are so heartbroken.

    I’m honestly sick over this!!!! These companies should compensate the family’s that pets became ill or passed away after using their products… too many people are experiencing this… something must be done! All the money spent at the vet/ medications, burial, and pain and suffering from losing a beloved pet that was Family!!
    😢😢😢 still won’t bring my Marley back….

Leave a Reply to Taylor Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *