Cat sick from Hartz!!

I should’ve done more research first.. But nevertheless I purchased Hartz flea medicine, the kind you put on their neck, and I did put it high up the back of my cat’s neck where she couldn’t easily get to it to lick it. My cat immediately started acting differently, crying like she was in pain, and she did manage to get a little bit in her mouth which caused immediate drooling and vomiting. I washed it off of her but too late, I should’ve never put it on her, because now she’s got problems. She vomited and drooled for days and thankfully that finally stopped. She’s got a completely different disposition about her, she cries out at random sometimes like she’s in pain, sometimes her cries are very bizarre sounding, and she’s got hair loss as well. This is terrible, they ruined my sweet little cat.

Poisoned Cat

Figured if it was on the shelf it must be safe. WRONG! Applied Ultra Guard Plus to my cat Friday evening and at 5:30am Saturday she was having tremors, wouldn’t eat, could barely move. Took her to emergency vet and had it confirmed the Hartz product was to blame. Thankful she survived, livid this company is allowed to do this to our pets.

I HATE HARTZ

I HATE HARTZ — The exceedingly small print on the label of this cat toy states, “Warning: Choking Hazard. Small Parts. Made in China.” So I cut off the dyed bird feathers & its beady eyes. Small print on the packaging advises: “Always supervise pet when in use.” As I watch, my cat chews thru the elastic “fishing line” in 10 seconds & tries swallowing it like spaghetti. I tied the ends of the elastic line into a tight knot. He starts gnawing on the “fish’s fins,” which I realize were sewn on using metallic thread embedded with glitter. There’s also a small, round metal weight inside the fish. As soon as kitty is asleep, it’s all going in the trash. Hook, line & sinker.

My mom’s cat died 2 days after Hart’s Ultraguard Applied

My mom applied Hart’s Ultraguard to her 6-year-old cat on Saturday. This morning he suddenly was on the floor with blood coming out of his mouth and he died in a few seconds. Cannot help but wonder if it wasn’t the flea and tick medicine since he was perfectly fine before this.

Almost lost my cat

In April of 2019 I was just starting a new job (so low on money) when a friend brought over her dog who little did I know had fleas. Once I realized we had fleas in the house, I bought Hartz thinking it was safe. I put it on my at the time very healthy and normal cat, Max and he immediately started running around and yeowling as if it was burning him and then dropped to the ground and wouldn’t move. I called the vet and they said to bathe him and bring him in asap. I bathed him and he became so lethargic that he let me scrub him down and I brought him to the vet. He had to be hospitalized and nearly died from kidney issues (thankfully my vet was amazing and saved him). I reported it to Hartz to get reimbursed for his $1300 medical bill and they sent me the forms (I had to call twice to get them) and I did everything they asked: A detailed bill from the vet along with a letter with the diagnosis that it was from the flea treatment from Hartz, the proof of purchase and the original box with the left over treatments still in it. After 2 months of calling weekly I finally got an answer. They wouldn’t reimburse me because THEIR vet after reviewing everything I submitted said it was in no way related to their flea treatment. I appealed it and still was denied. Max now after just being barely a year old will have to be on special meds and food for his kidneys for the rest of his life. We’ve had to go back to the vet several times due to kidney issues. It’s not ok. My heart is broken for him. Hartz did not care at all and only wants their money. Each time I had to call them, I was treated rudely by the people working there. DON’T buy any of their products ever

Never buy Hartz!

Hartz flea shampoo killed my tea cup Chihuahua and gave my Rat terrier seizures that seem to be getting worse and more frequent as she ages. I feel so guilty for using this product, but in reality the company and the EPA are the guilty ones for selling this product to pet owners. Dawn dish soap baths and vacuum your house! Never again will I use their brand and I will continue to tell everyone I know.

Two Dogs, One Bad Product

Sent my dogs to a dog sitter using the rover app while we were at church youth camp and they came home with fleas. I went to the store where I was recommended to buy Harts Ultraguard Pro on my animals. I have a 6 year old malinois that is 60 lbs and a 7 month old GSD at 70 lbs. I followed the directions to a “T” and my GSD is just fine (so far). My malinois however, has severe hives, scabbing along the spine, and now walking along the walls to keep balance. SO MAD RIGHT NOW.

Cat burned!!!!

My cat was burned by this product!!! It was so sad to see her running around the house crying rubbing her head on everything after I gave her the treatment. After multiple baths nothing worked. I had to take her to the vet after she made herself bleed! Then I read all the reviews!!! Cats are dying from this product! Why is it still on the market? I’m so upset! I want justice!