My story is similar to the rest of the stories. Gave my 2 year old King Charles Cavalier one of these treats and she immediately started with diarrhea and vomiting. I researched the treat, as that was the only new thing introduced to her diet and was mortified and saddened to see all the incidents other pet owners have had. I was appalled they are still being sold in stores! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can help my fur baby through this? She was up most of the night with diarrhea. Hoping these are taken off the shelves. I will be advising all pet owners I know NOT to purchase these treats.
Warning! I sprayed my 6 month old healthy cat with this product this morning. Within 1 hour he was dead. I called Hartz to report it and asked if this had happened before and was told they do not keep statistics. Do not use!
I am filled with regret. My two indoor cats got fleas – something I have not had to deal with in many years. I remembered using those white collars years ago so decided to go with what I knew.
My oldest, Casey, became quite ill within two days. The younger cat, Sekan, seemed fine. The next day, Casey was worse, and I noticed that Sekan seemed somewhat lethargic.
The light dawned, and I quickly removed the collars.
The next day, Casey was no better, so I took him to the vet, who confirmed that it was the collar – “they’re too strong and very bad for cats,” he said.
He examined Casey and drew blood. He concluded that Casey had been poisoned. He assured me that Casey would survive, but there were times over the preceding days when I thought I was going to lose him.
He is still lethargic. Sekan seems fine now. What an unnecessary mess!
I’m going to file a complaint with Hartz. This product should not be on the shelves.