It’s not just deadly for pets

About 3 weeks ago, I had a number of what I thought were flea bites all below my knees, they kept getting worse, I went to a local urgent care center, the doctor told me it was scabies, which after 62 years of age, I’d never even heard of it. He prescribed some Permethrin topical lotion along with light dose of Prednisone, from the pharmacy. I started using it, ran out in a few days, then couldn’t get the doctors place to refill it unless I made another appointment. I went to another one, and was also given a scrip for the same thing along with an oral antibiotic. About 2 days later, my entire body from my scalp to the bottom of my feet was covered in thousands of these red, itchy spots, then I got over 1,000 fluid filled blisters, was leaking blood onto my sheets, clothes and almost everything I touched caused by scratching. I had to have a friend of mine take me to a dermatologist, who looked on in shock, brought 3-4 of his nurses in to look, said he’d never seen it that bad. He said the problem was, they prescribed this lotion for the wrong diagnoses, that I never had scabies, rather a type of contact dermatitis. He told me what they gave me causes extreme allergic reactions for many people. Another friend of mine in the medical community sent me all kinds of articles on how this is approved by the FDA for use on humans, when it’s main use is for flea collars and yard sprays. I look like Quasi Modo now, I’ve only ventured outside after midnight, but dressed in long sleeves and pants, wearing gloves. My doctor says it could be this way for months, but he’s put me on a dose of Prednisone that’s over 30 times stronger than the original. It’s caused me to loose about 12 lbs in a few weeks, sleep (if I’m lucky) for only a 30-45 minute catnap a day for 6 days. This is bad stuff, and if you look at the warnings on some of the medical reports I’ve seen, it can cause lower sperm count (never bothered counting them), as well as cause a man to grow man boobs and many, many other pretty bad things and has been known for the death of infants that came in contact with it.

Hartz for Cats ultra guard pro Killed Her

my Beautiful Friendly female cat of 3 years Died August 23 because I put Hartz ultra guard pro on her to rid her and me of fleas, she stopped eating and only drank water, I did not notice , as I had 3 bowls of dry food out for her in different places, after several days I petted her and under all her fur was a skeleton of a cat, she lost a lot of weight, I could not get her to a vet as it was Friday night and all the vets were closed weekends, in my small town.
she died Sunday late evening about 8 hours before any veterinarians opened on Monday morning.. I read where so many people had the same thing happen.
I hate Hartzs and want them out of business for selling poison to make a profit..

Hartz Flea Almost Killed My Cat

Within two hours of putting Hartz Flea and Tick on my 12 lb cat he was lethargic, staring into space and the pupils of his eyes were the only thing you could see just solid black! I began washing and rinsing his neck with soap and warm water. I also gave him 1/4 if a Benedryl (It was my decision not recommended because I don’t know if that helped). He started coming around and was able to stand. A day later he is ok. I posted on Hartz FB Page and they deleted and banned me from posting on their page. #Hartzkillspetsnotpests

Hartz burned my cat, think it killed my outside cat

I bought hartz for a homeless cat i have been feeding for months now. I haven’t seen her since i put this on her. Not knowing she was going to disapear, i also applied it to my cat, Toby. Toby still has fleas, and he now has a burn mark on his back where i applied it. I wish i would of known this stuff kills animals or harms them. Why would you sell this stuff?????

Almost killed

I put the flea and tick medicine on my 12 pound orange tabby, and within 30 minutes he came tearing down the stairs panting and meowing. He was rubbing at where I applied the medicine. I tried to wipe it off and he just kept getting worse. My heart was in my throat and I threw him in his carrier and dashed to the vet. I told the front desk what brand it was and they literally went “oh god” and took him to the back immeadiately. He was bathed and given medicine, and luckily did not seizure. I now have to keep an eye on him all night and tomorrow to make sure he is okay. This is ridiculous. Screw this brand, this is not okay. Keeping your animals in my thoughts.

dental chew

Gave my 35 lb Jack-a-Poo the Hartz bacon dental chew for dogs over 50 lb . After 30 seconds of chewing, I realized my dog was swallowing plastic shards. This expensive chew toy is dangerous and could easily kill a dog. What kind of people would knowingly put this on the market. Outrageous.

Flea and tick drops

We bought Kodiac flea and tick drops, at the pet store, because it costs so much from the Vet. Vets charge for the visit and then also for the drops.
Maybe the Vets should look at the whole picture and change the way they help clients protect their pets from these common problems, but then again they would lose business.

Zodiac products for dog / cat

These stories are heart-wrenching.
I have both dogs and cats and I have used Zodiac products for years with no ill effects. I guess I will count myself and my pets as lucky to have not experienced such tradegy. However, taking the chance to have this happen just once is not something I want to risk. I could not bear it. I may use the house spray before we go out for the day (we=me and my dogs) but I will need to review our flea fighting strategy otherwise.
My heart goes out to all of you who have suffered through this ordeal.

Cat killers

I split one tube of Hartz pro flea drops between my two cats on the evening of 09/28/17. The next day my mama cat greeted me when I returned home about 2 pm shivering and her eyes out of control. I realized she was seizing and took her right to the vet. There I was informed it was from the flea drops. I am waiting this am 09/30 to see if she will live or die. I came back home to look for my other cat to find he had died and flies were gathering. I am heartbroken.