Hartz killed my cat and poisoned my dog.

On June 23rd 2017 at 10 a.m. I applied Hartz Ultraguard Pro flea & tick medicine as directed to my 1 yr old cat Clyde and dog Kane. One kind for the dog, one kind for the cat. At 3 a.m. June 24th my cat passed away. At 10 a.m. my dog started having neurological issues. We rushed him to the vet. They told us he was having a toxic reaction to the flea medicine. Cost us $200 to get him an “antidote” to save his life. My fiance was trying desperately to save our cats life but it was too late.
Our cat was our son, our family. We loved him dearly and he loved us just as much. He did not deserve this. I’m thankful we were able to save our dog in time. Take these products off the shelves!
😭😭 RIP our baby boy Clyde Mud, he was only a yr and 2 months old.
Everyone please sign this petition. Thank you. https://www.change.org/p/the-environmental-protection-agency-get-toxic-flea-and-tick-otc-that-kills-dogs-and-cats-pulled-from-the-market?recruiter=8212283&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=share_for_starters_page&utm_content=nafta_share_post_title_en_3%3AFB_share_copy_2
#JusticeForClydeMud #Hartz #UltraGuardPro #fleamedicine #HartzVictim

2 Replies to “Hartz killed my cat and poisoned my dog.”

  1. I’m so very sorry for the loss of your beloved fur-child. I’m glad your dog was able to be saved. It just makes me sick that this tragedy happens over and over again with these products! We have to get the word out there that NONE of these products are safe, and we MUST get them pulled off the market!!!

  2. As of last night around 10 pm I noticed fleas on my year old pure bred baby Siamese. Her name is taila. She has been in the house since I got her at 6 weeks old. Declawed and the most beautiful loving temperamental cat I have ever encountered. I got the hartz flea drops and applied it on the back of her neck about 10:10pm. After that she was acting so terribly scared within an hour like she was seeing ghosts. I had fell asleep thinking she’s just a baby and is probably just scared of something on her. At 3:30 am I woke up to her flying around the kitchen floor uncontrollably hitting cabinets and the fridge it sounded like someone was breaking in my home. As I turned on the lights I saw talia in a full blown uncontrolled seizure foaming at the mouth and lost all control of all bowels. Continuously urinating on herself and seizing so terribly I had to infant new born wrap her in a towel and rushed to the animal hospital. After 6 hours on complete sedatives and seizure medications at the highest dose, the vet told me to prepare for the worst. She also asked me as soon as I walked in that door had I given her flea prevention within the last 24 hours. There is nothing more that the hospital can do for my baby girl and by law I was unable to even be in the same room as she was on iv fluids and extreme sedatives in the sterile surgical area. So I opted to bring my baby home knowing if she dies it will be in my arms and layed on my heartbeat. We are currently fighting together for her life here at home. But as my heart is weeping my life nor my home will ever be the same without my baby.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *