My husband bought this brand last fall. I had read a story online about the product harming their pet and was upset that he had bought Hartz. he had put this poison on our dogs and both cats. The cats immediately ran away and looked distressed. The dogs were more tolerant. But all four had open burns and scanning for over two weeks. Their behavior was odd as well. They had lost fur and scarred.. They seemed sick but not as bad as I have read in other stories. Thankfully, they recovered but I can not understand how this product is still on the market. I told the vet about it hoping they would advocate against this product. HORRIBLE product!!!