Today on December 24th 2015 my husband and I went to the commissary to pick up some flea protection for my cat Dovahkiin, I had saw a flea this morning in our bedroom and since im a worry-wort I didnt want her to have to even start to begin suffering from any fleas. As soon as we got home we put it on her neck, I was confused at first because in the past ive never had a flea protection that had so much liquid in it. This was a ton to put on a cat of any size but we shrugged it off. Not even minutes later our poor baby was sneezing, twitching her legs, squinting her eyes, and freaking out completely. After a few minutes of noticing she was only getting worse I investigated her neck and dear god it was so red and pink I didnt blame her for spazing out. I immediately tried washing it off and was for the most part successful, it was hard because her neck was obviously sensitive and anytime I touched it she freaked out. The cold water seemed to make her feel somewhat better though.
We rushed her to the emergency vet clinic in town and thankfully the vet said all they could see was some inflammation on her neck and they gave her a bath to be sure the rest of the product was off her skin and fur. While we waited I looked through reviews of this product and was horrified by the alarming amount of complaints and horror stories from this product. After a while my own hands started to tingle and burn, as soon as I got home I scrubbed my hands and cut my nails. After that it stopped, but it seems this product even burns people.. It sickens me to see such a thing exist, that anyone in this world could produce and sell actual poison to place on our pets.
My cat is a rescue and this is literally the last thing this poor baby needed in her tiny life, shes only 8 months old. Luckily it seems shes fine and is back to normal, she was sluggish all day due to the high stress she was forced under but she still seems to love us, which im grateful for. Besides being pooped out she hasnt shown any further symptoms or irritations. Im forever boycotting this product and making sure everyone knows NEVER to try this product.