I applied the Flea & Tick drops on my Jackrussell early this morning. A few hours later I noticed she was trembling and began to vomit and had diarrhea. This happened several times today. Since I have not changed her routine I decided to research this product, which now I see I should of done before purchasing it.
I bathed her with regular soap and water since the dog shampoo is from Hartz. I am getting rid of all the Hart Products!!
Sprayed my cats with the Hartz Ultraguard Spray. Washed my hands twice. Something told me to google Hartz products. As I was doing that, I noticed it was eating away at my acrylic nails! Quickly washed hands with Dawn, washed the cats too. 30 minutes later, I’m feeling dizzy and short of breath. Headed to the doctor now. Don’t use this product! Praying my small children aren’t affected!
This morning, 04/19/2014, Hartz Kitten Formula claimed the life of another. 5 week old Luna passed away this morning from being poisoned. She was found last night not doing well, the vet called back in the morning and asked what her diet was. Vet said to get her off of Hartz immedietely as there were high losses this spring from Hartz formula, which is made in china but packaged in the US. Expect to hear more soon from other victims. 🙁
My wife and I have fostered many litters of kittens of varying ages for our local SPCA shelter. We have ALWAYS given them kitten replacement milk and have never had any issues….until this litter.
We have four 4-week old kittens that we have been giving this milk to. The kittens have had varying degrees of reaction to the milk. Each of them have had at least 2 episodes. These episodes consist of a slow onset lethargy, then vomiting, then a catatonic state for several hours. During this state they are limp, their temperatures have dropped, and they do not blink and look past you with glassy eyes.
We have spent over $100 this past week at the vet’s office trying to get a diagnosis for this problem.
I am so lucky to have found this website. We had NO IDEA that this could have been the milk causing this issue until tonight. We even had no symptoms these last 2 days while giving the kittens this milk. This last episode that one of our male kittens had will absolutely be the LAST time that they will suffer at the hands of Hartz Kitten Replacement Milk.
We have 3 cats. Smee is a 13 year old black and white, Gabbie is a 5 month old black and white, and Dean is a 6 month old Maine Coon/ Tabby mix. Gabbie is our most recent member of the family, she was a stray who had followed me home one day and decided i was her new “human” so we gladly took her when she was only 4 months old at the time and she was healthy, so we put her in with out other kitties only to find out she had fleas. now all three of our cats have fleas and its getting so bad that they jump onto us. so for the past few months we’ve been using Frontline flea and tick drops for cats. but this month we didn’t have the money to get our normal Frontline doses, so we were recommended to use Hartz flea and tick drops being told it was cheaper and worked the same. We knew better, but we tried it anyway. Shame on us. Within the first 12 hours, Smee’s eyes started swelling. Gabbie didnt seem to be affected by it, but Dean was the one who has the allergic reaction. Not only did his eyes and face get puffy, but he had other side effects too. He would see something that wasn’t there and freak out, he was also suffering from a fever and he was very skiddish and jumpy. he freaked out over nothing and he would stand in a corner or in a bottom shelf and start panicking and scratching like the walls were closing in on him. At first we thought he was high from the catnip tennis balls we have that he just loves so much, but catnip wouldn’t do this, so I looked up customer reviews about Hartz products and was HORRIFIED. I instantly went into a panic state, filled a sink full of water and grabbed each cat one by one and washed the chemicals off with Dawn dish soap. after we had cleaned the cats (and their collars) Smee and Gabbie were perfectly fine. Dean on the other hand, started being very down and drowsy. his eyes were still puffy and glossed over, he was having trouble breathing, his eyes started oozing goo (im cleaning his eyes out every 2 hours or so) and he was shivering for no reason. I picked him up and cuddled him in a blanket and bought syringes from the store and have been giving him doses of water under the skin to try and flush it out of his system. The first dose, i realized he was also suffering from a chemical burn. Its been a day now, he seems to be perking up a little bit, but he is still quite drowsy and his eyes are still swollen and glossy and his face is still puffy. I keep giving him water solutions but if he doesn’t get better by Monday I am going to take him to the vet. I am pissed. I’ve been reading stories about Hartz reactions and i should probably stop because it is making me more and more angry. I am VERY thankful it was caught before any “life threatening” results occurred, and i am VERY happy that people plan on suing Hartz. I hope you win. PLEASE, get this crap OFF the Market.
After seeing the new tv spot for Pet Armour Pro I went off to WAlly World to buy some. I noticed the Hartz product was exactly the same ingredients and a few bucks less so I purchased. (I have used Frontline for years but it seemed to not work anymore.) Got home and decided to research the ingredients before opening and applying. SO glad I did. I hit this site and was sickened by what I read and so sorry for the suffering of the animals and the people that are owned by them. After reading a few stories I had a flashback to my first cat, Bootsie. I grew up in an area with no fleas so didn’t know the first thing. I got this cat and shortly noticed she was covered with bugs. I realized these were fleas and went to the store to get something to kill them. I bought Hartz flea spray for cats, (this was pre Frontline type products) sprayed her according to the label and started getting ready for work. Got out of the shower and couldn’t find Bootsie. Hunted and found her in the closet foaming at the mouth and twitching, stumbling, shaking her head. Freaked out, I jumped in the tub and bathed her to remove the spray as best I could. I had to go to work but was afraid to go home after. She got better and made it thru the ordeal. I will be returning the Hartz tomorrow and never purchase again.