Our Cat Died After Receiving Half a Tube of the Hartz Flea and Tick Drops

Apparently another victim of Hartz! My mother-in-law’s cat died the day after she put half a tube of the flea and tick drops on her. She started acting very strangely: staring off, coughing up foam, not eating (even her favorite canned food). My mother-in-law attempted to wash the area where she applied the drops but it was too late. The cat started meowing very loudly and pitifully (sounding like she was in heat), then she just laid down and died. In hindsight, we should’ve known better. A couple years ago we used the Hartz drops on our dog Sammy. We had a flea collar on the dog already, but it didn’t seem to help so we put the drops on her. Later that day we noticed that the left side of her face was swollen a little. I immediately took the flea collar off. A couple hours later the left side of her face was HUGE and she was acting strangely. She was lethargic and wasn’t eating or playing. She even tried to get in the car. She HATES the car…almost her way of saying “help me!” We assumed she was stung by a bee or scorpion or bit by a snake, thinking there was no way that a well-known company like Hartz would sell a dangerous product. Anyways, we gave her some Benadryl and eventually the swelling went down and she returned to normal. PLEASE don’t use Hartz products on your pet! Two of 2 pets that we have used it on have had an allergic reaction!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *