Charlie

Let me tell you about my Charlie,  He is a Beagle/Miniature Schnauzer he is called a Schneagle, if you google this you can see what Charlie looks like.  He is a Wonderful Dog, Happy and has always been healthy.  About a year ago,  I noticed he had fleas.   He had been visiting my mom and she has 3 other dogs,  Sophia-Beagle, Kaiser-Jack Russell, and Ginger-Rat Terrier.  My mom said she would give them some flea medication.  She gave them all a flea bath using Hartz.  Later that evening while Charlie was back home he had a seizure.  I had never experienced this and it was terrifying.  I called the emergency vet and told her all that I knew, when I mentioned he had a flea bath, she asked if it had pyrethrins in it.   I had no idea what this was.  I told her I would find out.  Charlie came out of the seizure but went into another, meanwhile I found out the HARTZ flea bath had pyrethrins.  I called back the emergency vet she said give him a bath to wash off all of these  toxins off of him.  My friend and I gave Charlie a bath.   He seemed perfectly fine as soon as we washed him off.     My mom’s dogs Kaiser and Ginger were ok, Sophia was very sick.  My mom gave all of them a bath to wash the toxins off of them.   In the last year Charlie has had 2 more seizures,  I feel that the only reason he is having seizures is because he was poisoned by Hartz.  He was a perfectly healthy dog before this..  I posted my story on facebook and heard an overwhelming response from friends, I was shocked that this product is on the market.  I called Hartz and they told me the ratio is only about  10% of animals get sick from their products, I told her in my experience it was 50%, 2 of 4 dogs had reactions to their products.  They were uncaring. My fiance spoke to Wal-Mart where the Hartz products were bought they pulled it off of their shelves for a day..  I have spoken to about 6 different vet offices and they see this all of the time from Hartz products they said it is more dangerous to cats.  It is Shocking that a product that is dangerous to animals can even be on the market.  I had always thought Hartz had a good name.  I will never buy a Hartz product and will tell everyone I know.  Please if you care for you pet dont buy their products.  Charlie is a member of our family, we are responsible for his Heatlh and Happiness, Hartz doesnt care about his well being,  If they will not pull their product why is there is no warning lable on a product they know has serious ramifications. Why NOT?,

Hartz Petition!

Hi, if you’re on this site, it’s because you care about your pets. If you’re reading this post, it is because you share something in common with me; The dislike of Hartz products!

Like most people, I have used a Hartz line product and its side effects nearly killed my cat. After reading some of the more serious cases reported due the lack of respect of Hartz, I consider my cat lucky. Even though, she needed serious medical attention because she was very dehydrated and had lost so much weight because her appetite decreased, my 6 year old cat survived.

To show Hartz that they cannot get away with this, please read and sign my petition that I have started on the link below.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/940/472/655/hartz-products-stop-the-manufacturing-of-poisonous-pet-care-products/

 

I appreciate everyones support, please and thank you!

 

 

 

Pictures of animals, pets, and owners!

Hi, i’m making a video about the victims of Hartz. If you’re interested please email me pictures of your pets, of you and your pet together, children and kids playing with pets etc. The animals don not have to be just the victims of Hartz, but the pictures can be of any pet you currently own or any pet you have previously owned.

Please attatch:

The pet’s name:

Your name: (optional)

The pet’s age:

Pet’s age:

The product used on pet: (optional)

*If you could also send a short message along with the pictures (2-4 sentences) talking about your pet, the grief of the incident, your pets favorite things to do etc. All this would help alot.

My email is [email protected]

Please sign my petition at the link below:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/940/472/655/hartz-products-stop-the-manufacturing-of-poisonous-pet-care-products/

I appreciate everyones support, please and thank you!

Flea collars almost killed our cat

we purchased a Hartz brand flea collar for our adult, male cat. Little did we know that we were hurting him we went to the vet a few months later and they told us to take the flea collar of and we did but my dad kept insisting that the cat did better with it so every time we would take it off and tell him what the vet said he kept insisting that he did better with it and then we went back to the vet and they gave us this site and we showed him all the stories and some of the pictures of TJ. he then looked on our cats neck and sure enough there was a bald raw ring around his neck. WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS USE HARTZ PRODUCTS AGAIN!!!!! EVER! thanks to this site you probably saved our cats life