Our two cats had fleas so I bought Hartz Ultra Guard. That was the biggest mistake the next both of our healthycats were sick. First our cat started throwing up so I put him outside on the front porch to see what was going on. He got away from me and got under our wrap around porch. Normally after a few minutes I can bribe him to come out with something. This time was different so I got a flashlight and started looking. He was panting like a dog and foaming at the mouth. He was not able to walk to meormy kids which was unusual. My two kids and I tore part of our porch apart to drag him out. I rushed him to an emergency vet at midnight. $300dollars later we brought him home. The next morning when I found him he was hidingunder a bed I had to pull him out and he felt hot so I took him to another vet. He had a fever of 105 so they gave him sub Q fluids which he had also had the night before. This happened Friday and Saturday and here it is Monday and our poor Toby will not eat or drink I dont know what to do I am going to call the vet as soon as they open but I cannot afford to keep taking him to a vet for something that should have made him feel better instead of so sick. If I had known I would have never used this product on my cats. Luckily the other did not get as sick as Toby
Update on Toby Sept.28,2012
Toby had experienced a stroke and kidney failure and was no longer able to eat or drink anything. We had to make the hardest decision in our lives today and had him put to sleep. Toby suffered up to the very end and I could not watch him suffer anymore. He was taken to the vet again Monday because he was throwing up white foam it was almost nonstop. They kept him on IV fluids and plenty of meds until I got the call this morning that he only had a 20% chance of living. Hartz should have to be punished for what they have put Toby and my family through. My 12 and 14 year olds should have never had to see there precious cat this sick.. Now we are all mourning the death of our cat ): PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IT KILLS THE HEALTHIEST OF PETS!!