MY BABY IS DEAD

I used Hartz Flea & Tick on my 1 year old cat a week and a half ago, she stopped eating a week ago and spent 5 days at the Vet and he told me there was nothing more that he could do for her. Her red blood cells were being destroyed and after several tests he still could not confirm what was causing the problem. He put her to sleep today.  My tears have not stopped and now after finding out about these deadly flea drops I am sad to think I applied her death sentence myself.

 

8 thoughts on “MY BABY IS DEAD”

  1. My poor cat ce ce is at the vets dying right now because of harts products. I am sickened and disgusted…..not to mention broken hearted.

  2. Nothing is going to bring our beloved pet’s back, however, the word needs to get out to the public in every way we can. If you have a Facebook page then post it and ask your friends to post it too. Send it to everyone in your email address book. I am a Disc Jockey and I was given permission by the Club to announce it to the large crowd I had last night. Once again, nothing is going to bring back my “Baby” but I can have some comfort in knowing that I may save other pet’s lives
    and so can you. My tears have now turned to anger. “Baby” was only a year old.

  3. My heart goes out to all of you. Don’t blame yourself, you didnt know! I’m so sorry! Come on Hartz! Fix this please!

  4. BERNIE,THIS IS MARY, RUTH ELLENS COUSIN…MY DAUGHTER MELISSA JUST LOST HER CAT THE SAME WAY,SHE HAD HER CAT FOR ABOUT 11YRS.WASN’T A THING WRONG TILL SHE USED THAT DAMN COLLAR…STOP EATING AND RVERYTHING JUST LIKE YOURS…SO SORRY ABOUT YOU CAT..THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED…!!!

  5. So sorry for your loss! The same thing is happening to my 14 lb. cat Joey, he is only 3 years old and WAS very healthy!

    We did not buy Hartz, we paid $18.00 for drops at our local pet store, I don’t know what brand because my husband bought it. Our dog had fleas, so he figured Joey did too.

    Took Joey to the vet, then to the emergency night vet. Over $300.00 later picked him up this morning and he is laying on my bed shivering, and I am on my computer reading these stories crying.

    Not just Hartz, they should not sell ANY of these toxic brands over the counter, period. Like you, my husband and I had no idea. The vet said they have not have not had any problems with Frontline or Advantage, but they see these reactions on cats to flea medicines ALL THE TIME!

    What the hell these people, all of them, need to be stopped NOW.

    Again, so so so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Donna

  6. I can not believe your story! My 5 year old German Shephard passed away April 21st of this year. With an undiagnosed blood disease. I still have the packaging from my cat and dog. Both of which are now deceased. I was so unbelievably sad reading your post and the numerous others. I’m so sorry for your loss. I can not believe I tried to prevent her from ticks and it wound up possibly killing her. This is all too unbelievable!

  7. … I don’t mean to be mean, but hemolysis (excessive breakdown of red-blood cells) is not a possible effect from the ingredients in Hartz products. They’re all neurotoxins, not hemotoxins. (That is, they affect the neural system, not blood.) And as such, your animal should have gotten sick rather quickly, rather than take half a week to develop symptoms.

    It’s safe to say that if you vet didn’t know what is going on with your pet, that it certainly wasn’t the Hartz products.

    Feel at peace that you didn’t accidentally expose your pet to something that killed her…

  8. Just applied drops to my cat, and he started acting strange.

    Googled his behaviour came across this site and your stories.
    I immediately washed my cat and he has returned to almost normal behaviour.

    Sorry for your losses, but maybe your stories just saved my cat.
    I will be keeping a close eye on him for next week.

    Thank you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *