My cat was poisoned last night after I washed her with Hartz Gold Flea and Tick treatment I’d bought at Target. I called the emergency vet clinic when I noticed she was having trouble walking and felt her hit her head on the metal bars under my bed. Following their directions, I washed her again wit dish soap, but she was still in bad shape, so I had to take her into the clinic. Nearly $200 later, she’s home, slow moving from the fluids and muscle relaxers, tired, and still has fleas.
The vet told me about lack of regulations in this industry and I’m even more disgusted at the greed of corporations, willing to kill innocent animals at the prospect at making a buck. I’m contacting the Consumer Protection Agency about this and other deadly products, and I encourage everyone reading this to do the same. Even a phone call with a simple statement will make an impact.