This is my cat Jackson. My husband and I noticed a flea or two over a span of a few days. One day we were at Walmart and he grabbed some Hartz Ultraguard for cats- the flea and tick drops. We put the stuff on both of our cats. The next night, we didn’t notice any reaction BUT the stuff was so greasy and disgusting on them, that we decided to give them baths. We washed it all off. That is the day I began noticing that all Jackson was doing was sleeping. I didn’t think much of it because cats sleep most of the day as it is. But it did seem to be a lot. I never saw her anymore. One day a few weeks later, she ventured out into the living room and jumped up onto the couch next to me. When I touched her to pet her, I was shocked. She was skin and bones. I mean you could feel every bone in her body petting her. It was truly horrifying. The picture on the left is from that day. This is what Hartz did to her. At the time, I still couldn’t think of what could have caused her to suddenly stop eating. Until we took her to the vet and told her around the time that it happened and she said it could be that she licked the Hartz off of herself or the other cat, it probably made her feel sick and lose her appetite. A once extremely energetic, cuddly, tiny bit chubby, and probably the most playful cat I’ve ever seen to a severely anorexic, lethargic, dying cat in just a few weeks. It cost a lot of money (afforded only because I had thousands in savings) and almost cost us her life just to get the brand of flea and tick drops that is a little less expensive. It’s been many months since this happened and overnight vet stays, shots, pills, force feedings of anorexia food several times a day, and so on, and she is happy and healthy again- the right picture is the after shot. But after this, I will never use a Hartz product again, I will make sure to let everyone that I know with pets knows about this, and I will also never use a product on my cats without researching it online. If I had ever heard of what it can do, read about it, or seen this site even, I wouldn’t ever have risked my babies lives. Some people might not understand, not everyone gets so attached to their pets. But some people think of their animals as family members and it hurts deeply to lose one. Share what you know so that we can all help prevent this disgusting product from killing another innocent pet.