This story came in via email from Valerie:
About 8 months ago I put Hartz ultra flea and tick drops on my beautiful 1 year old cat November, thinking I was helping protect her from fleas. Worst mistake I ever made!! Instantly I knew something was very wrong, as soon as it touched her skin she started crying and itching at her neck and shoulders. Immediately I gave her a bath and tried to wash the poison off her but nothing I did helped. November’s hair fell out and she continued to itch at the application site. I tried to contact Hartz 3 times – on the 4 time they answered only to basically call me a liar and told me to take her to a vet. I took her to Good Shepherd Animal Clinic and they did all they could to stop the allergic reaction everything from antibiotics to steroid shots but November’s condition continued to get worst. Now after 8 months of treatment a growth happened at the Application site 3 days ago she had massive surgery to remove them. We are waiting for results to see if the growth is cancer! My god I can’t believe that company!!! I was only trying to protect my best friend and I brought hell on her. After thousands of dollars in vet bills I still might lose her if its cancer there is nothing they can do to save her. Shame on Hartz and Walmart for selling that potion to unsuspecting buyers. After reading stories here I realize we are lucky to still have her. My heart is with all those who lost a family member to that evil company please pray that my November heals and regains her strength.