My 11 year old Golden Retriever always had flea allergies. Unfortunately I never had the money to buy the more expensive medications. I decided to give her a bath with hartz ultra flea and tick shampoo. Very BAD mistake. I had to have her put to sleep today, after nearly 300 dollars worth of vet expenses and 2 nites of sad, slow suffering. Her body slowly shut down from the poison in her system. I wish I had found this site BEFORE her bath. She was by my side for over 10 years. She was a family member. Her support got me thru many of life’s traumas. She can’t be replaced. PLEASE spread the word, as I am doing – NOT to use hartz products on your pets. Dawn dish soap kills fleas and isn’t a toxic poison that slowly drains the life from your beloved companion. I wish I had known that 2 days ago. My Sonni would still be with me.