I have a three year old tabby cat. His names Newton,A very loyal shy cat that will lay on your lap and purr all night long never leaving my side. I love this cat more than any could ever imagine and so when he got outside to play,(I suppose thats what he wanted to do) I ran to the petsMart to get him flea drops. I picked up Hartz UltraGuard Pro for my cat. I applied the once a month dosage to the back of his neck in-between his shoulder blades and gave him his little friskies treat. This morning I wake to him next to me seizing I scream and look around to see if he got into anything (very unlike him) He did not I have child locks on the cabinets. He did not get into anything meant for the household. I sit there holding him crying trying to think what to do. Then it hit me the flea drops! I read the pack over and over. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I jump onto my laptop and Googled UltraGaurd poisoning I come to the story of the women flea dropping her cat then bathing her and the cat got better. So i bathed my cat(was not a fun job) and he seemed better. I was relieved. But then the tick like seizing came back i rushed him to Archer Vetenary clinic in lemont, illinois. They have seen this happen before, currently little Newton is in overnight care for a nerontoxin (Hertz UltraGaurd Pro)
I am Very shocked that there is no warnings what so ever on the packaging of this product. “DO NOT USE HERTZ ULTRAGAURD PRO! IT MAY HARM YOUR BELOVED PETS!” should be the warning label. It is a misleading product it is not the fun loving product you see in commercials. It rob you of a life long furry friend.