Hartz Flea and Tick Dip

I noticed a couple of fleas on my Pomeranian and Tabby Kitten. I decided they needed to be dipped, so I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon and bought the product. Both of my pets became very ill, acting strange, panting, the kitten whales loudly. I got scared, so I gave them a plain water bath to rinse the toxins off their little bodies. Afterwards, I decided to do research on the product online. I was mortified when I learned that this product is known to be toxic to pets. I video taped the reactions of both pets and in the video tape, I showed the bottle of Hartz product that made them sick. I hope they will be ok. We need to get the product taken off the market. My poor babies are suffering and it breaks my heart.

3 thoughts on “Hartz Flea and Tick Dip”

  1. Take them to the vet pronto! Even if they show signs of getting better, it would still be a good idea to take them just in case. I am so sorry to hear that they are suffering and I hope they get better.

  2. Both pets are doing well now. I had bathed them both to remove the toxins off their skin, and it appears that I did it early enough so that there was no permanent damage. In the meantime, I did capture both pets on video to show the reaction they had to the Flea and Tick solution. I will be happy to email the video to anyone wanting to document the dangers of the product.

  3. Maybe if you had done that research BEFORE you dipped your pets you could have saved them from suffering. How can anybody put a toxin on their pet, who they claim to love, without doing any research first? IDIOT! It sucks they don’t require an IQ test and licensing to own pets!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *