my kitty blondie died from hartz ultraguard onespot

BAY CITY,MICHIGAN—I NEVER USED HARTZ BEFORE A ABOUT A MONTH AGO I USED THE HARTZ ULTRAGUARD ONE SPOT FOR CATS AND KITTENS FOR FLEA PREVENTION ON MY 13 YEAR OLD CAT BLONDIE HE WAS A COMPLETE INDOOR NEURTERED KITTY AND HEALTHY AND A JOY HE WAS MY FIRST KID BEFORE I HAD CHILDREN,I USED THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE I HAVE DOGS THAT GO OUTSIDE AND ENDED UP WITH SOME FLEAS SO I DIDNT WANT HIM TO HAVE ANY. WELL ANYWAYS AT THE END OF THE WEEK AFTER I TREATED HIM WITH THIS PRODUCT HE ENDED UP WITH A BALD SPOT WHERE I PUT THE SPOT ON AT,AND WHEN I NOTICED IT I GAVE HIM A BATH WITH REGULAR CAT SHAMPOO TO TRY TO GET ANY REMAINDER OFF HIM,NEXT THING HE STARTED LOOSING WEIGHT BUT STILL ATE FOOD AND DRANK WATER WITHIN A FEW WEEKS HIS APPITITE SLOWED AND THE STARTED DRINKING WATER MASSIVELY HE STARTED DOIN THIS WEAVEY WALK LIKE A DRUNK AND STARTED HIDEING BEHIND MY STOVE,I WAS LIKE SOMETHIN IS WRONG WITH HIM THIS ALL HAPPENED WITHIN 3 WEEKS TIME SO FAST,WELL I TOOK HIM INTO THE VET WERE HE STAYED FOR 2 DAYS HAD SO MUCH BLOOD WORK DONE AND TREATMENTS DONE WITCH ADDED UP TO $ 270.00 WOULD OF BEEN MORE BUT THE VET WORKED WITH ME ON PRICE CAUSE HE LOVES ANIMALS AND WANTED HIM TO LIVE AND TRIED ALL HE COULD,WELL ALL HIS BLOOD WORK CAME BACK THAT HE WAS HEALTHY EXCEPT KIDNEY FAILURE,AND HE SAID IT WAS NOT FROM OLD AGE DO TO HOW ALL THE SYMPTOMS CAME INTO PLAY IT WAS NOT OLD AGE,THEN HE GAVE ME A CALL YESTERDAY AND ASKS BY CHANCE DID YOU USE ANY FLEA PRODUCTS ON HIM AT ALL I SAID YES WHY HE SAYS WAS IT BY THE HARTZ COMPANY BY CHANCE I SAID YES HE SAID THATS IT THEN HE EXPLAINED TO ME THAT THE HARTZ POISONED HIS KIDNEYS MAKEIN THEM GO INTO FAILURE,I WAS CRYING SO BAD…HE SAID HE SEEN 15 OTHER CASES LIKE THIS,THIS YEAR.. I WAS LIKE WHAT REALLY AND THEN HE TOLD ME BLONDIE WAS NOT GONNA MAKE IT HE IS NOT RESPONDING TO TREATMENTS AND RECOMENDED FOR HIM TO BE PUT TO SLEEP AND TO NOT USE ANY OF THE HARTZ PRODUCTS HE TOLD ME TO EITHER USE FRONTLINE OR REVELUTION,WELL BY THE TIME I GOT THERE CAUSE ITS A HALF AN HOUR DRIVE THERE BLONDIE PASSED HE SAID HE STARTED SEIZUREING SO HE GAVE HIM PAIN MEDICINE FOR HIM TO REST AND THEN HE PASSED I CRIED FELT HURT AND ANGRY HE TOLD ME TO CALL THE COMPANY AND HE WOULD BACK ME ON THIS AND TELL THEM I WANT REIMBURST FOR THE COSTS BUT THATS IF I GET ANYWHERE WITH THE COMPANY BUT TO ME THATS NOT ENOUGH FOR ME THAT COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN,WE BURIED BLONDIE OUTSIDE IN OUR YARD AND THINGS ARE NOT THE SAME WITH HIM NOT HERE HE WILL ALWAYS BE LOVED AND MISSED,PURFECTLY HEALTHY CAT UNTIL THIS,STILL CRYING SO MANY EMOTIONS .

3 thoughts on “my kitty blondie died from hartz ultraguard onespot”

  1. Hartz rid flea and tick made my puppy,Moses, sick. I bathed him wednesday night,he started acting really disoriented and lazy. Had a hard time breathing also. He wanted a lot of water and had to pee every half hour or so. Thursday morming he started vomiting and had diahrrea. I took him to the vet and it cost $214 to help him out. I wish I had read the reviews about Hartz products cuz I’d never use them!!!!!!

  2. i never used hartz products before and when i used it for the first time on blondie it done him in i am still hurt and angry bout this and sometime next week my vet is mailing me the copies of all of blondies blood work and a full report on blondies death from this stuff, i called hartz and they said they wanted copies of his records and a report from my vet on how their product killed him and the lil vile of the spot on treatment and the package i used witch i still have,and i told them they cant replace my blondie but they should do something since i had to pay all that money out in vet costs and to reinburse me.. if i could have afforded a lawyer i would go for more but thats even if they do a reimbursement it has to be reviewed before their board the woman told me on the phone,i told her they need to figure out why this is goin on with their products cause there are to many reports on their stuff and the pain and loss of someones companion should not be happening like this.

  3. Please check out our new Facebook page “Hartz Products are killing our Pets” – within that site, we have provided information to get your story reported to the EPA.. a vets report counts like 1,000 consumer reports. It also shows how to get information to get reimbursed from Hartz for any vet costs you incurred. You will have to bug them.. but they will reimburse you.

    I lost my cat, Bianca, on 8/22/2010 due to Hairball formula shampoo by Hartz.. and have been working feverishly since then to find out what we need to do to get this stuff off of the shelves..

    We so appreciate HartzVictims.org for allowing us to pass on the information about our facebook page.. we don’t want to see any additional pets/pet owners suffer..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *