My poor Pomeranian Sunnie was poisoned last night too, but he’s doing ok now! Thank God!

I have never used Hartz untill yesterday. I was at my mom’s for the weekend visiting her and my step dad. My mom had one tube of flea drops that she didn’t want to use on her dog, so I decided to use it on my male pomeranian because I have been pretty broke lately and couldn’t afford the advantage flea drops that I usually get. Well, about a half hour later my little pom was in so much distress he was wimpering and crying and scratching at the sites were I applied the poison. So I immediatly gave him a bath and I used reagular dog shampoo. This did not help. He was twitching around trying to get to the irritated site. So I called my vet and she said to wash him with Dawn dish soap. Well, this still didn’t seem to help. By midnight I was trying to sleep with him, I was rubbing his back for hours trying to help him. It seemed like the only time he seemed ok was when I was rubbing his back. By 3 am my husband finally woke up and we took him to the vet. The vet said that they couldn’t find any irritation on his skin, but they gave him a steroid shot and also gave me some medication to give him for a week and a half! When we got back to my mom’s it was 6 am so we decided to go home, so Sunnie could be in a comfortable and familiar place. He finally slept on the way home, and seemed to be doing better. He is still scratching his neck were I applied that poison and seems to be sleeping alot today. But he is eating and drinking and barking at the neighbors cat. When we took him to the vet my husband and I were crying because our little pom was in so much distress. I felt so guilty for putting that poison on him, so I could save a buck. I don’t understand why this product is in the stores. I plan on complaining to the BBB and to hartz directly. I also plan on talking to a lawer about this situation.

One thought on “My poor Pomeranian Sunnie was poisoned last night too, but he’s doing ok now! Thank God!”

  1. THERE R ANIMAL LAWYERS THAT WILL HELP REMOVE THIS POISON FROM THE GROCERY SHELVES BEFORE MORE ANIMAL VICTIMS R KILLED BY THIS PRODUCT!!!
    AFTER U BATHE THEM, APPLY VITAMIN E TO THE AREAS WHERE U APPLIED THE POISON…THIS WILL SOOTHE THEM A LITTLE AS WELL…
    TO WATCH THEM GO CRAZY FROM THIS PRODUCT TEARS MY HEART OUT AND WE R THE ONES THAT IS SUPPOSE TO PROTECT THEM….I HAVE A SMALL DOG THAT WEIGHS 10 LBS AND SHE WENT CRAZY…SHE AND I BOTH CRIED MANY HOURS, UNTIL IT WORE OFF FOR A WHILE, BUT NOT COMPLETELY…SHE SUFFERED ALL NIGHT, AND MORNING………..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *