Expensive lesson learned

I have a 3-year-old cat I adopted on July1. She is a sweetheart, and I didn’t want her to be bothered by fleas. But because I didn’t want to spend the money for the vet to prescribe the “good” stuff, I got the Hartz flea drops at the grocery store.

Three days later I was in the vet’s clinic with my Lily being poked, prodded, blood drawn, etc. She was extremely dehydrated and lethargic. She had spent the entire day of Labor Day lying on my lap – very uncharacteristic of her. She spent the night in the hospital on IV fluids. We were lucky. Her blood work came back OK, and she came home again the next day. I had to put honey in her water to get her to drink it, and to encourage her to eat something.

Two weeks later she is fine and her normal self again. I decided to spend $10 per treatment to get the Advantage rather than the $250 it cost to treat her for what Hartz did to her.

One thought on “Expensive lesson learned”

  1. So glad you had a good outcome.. too many pets suffer and have a bad outcome. I tell everyone I see in Walmart and Kmart.. not to buy the Hartz products without researching it first. I send them to this site. One gentleman thanked me and did not buy the product. I tell them how my pet died a horrific death within 3 minutes… please take 3 minutes of their time to check with their vets first before buying a product known to kill and maim our pets.

    Maybe someday soon.. Hartz products will be a memory. (one could only hope…) Thank you for sharing your story.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *