Atticus is my 3 year old (sweet and spoiled) indoor cat. This summer I decided to let him explore our screened in patio for the first time. Unbeknownst to me, he picked up fleas which seem to have given him worms. He has never been sick or had any parasites before so I was unaware of the dangers of over-the-counter (OTC) medication. I went to the local pet store today and bought Hartz UltraGuard Rid Worm Paste for Cats and Kittens. As directed by the product, I put the cream in his food. He ate it up without a problem. About an hour later I heard him gagging. He violently puked up four big piles within the following 20 minutes. I began to panic as he doesn’t even cough up hairballs or puke ever. Atticus then walked lethargically towards his litter box where he suffered from big and seemingly painful diarrhea. With tears in my eyes I force-fed him water and pet him softly as he laid in a towel twitching and zoning out. I tried finding an emergency vet or care center but none were open since its very late at night. He puked up one more time and hid under my desk. I sat down at my desk to Google the product and was shocked to find a plethora of negative reviews and fatal horror stories. At this point I began to sob uncontrollably. My poor, sweet Atticus was in pain and danger because of this disgusting poisonous excuse of a product. A few hours have passed since and luckily Atticus seems to have regained his strength. He seems perfectly fine now and even jumped up in bed for a cuddle. I will definitely keep a close eye on him all night until I can take him to the vet in the morning for proper care. I was very happy to find this website and learn about the dangers of Hartz products. Based on the amount of tragic stories I’ve read all over the internet, I feel extremely lucky that Atticus seems to have made it out ok. I cannot stress enough how important it is for word to be spread about how terrible Hartz is.