Tyler Kitty

I adopted a stray kitten about a month and a half ago, that we had found in our flower bush. He was about two months when we took him in. With in days we realized him had ear mites, so I went to WalMart and got Hartz ear mite medicine. We waited about a month to use it because of his age. We put the medicine in his ears a few times, the last being July 4. The next day he was meowing loudly, and just laying around, and not acting like his normal self. So we took him to the vet and they kept him over night. When I went to visit him on the 7th they had informed me that the ear mite medicine had poisoned him. He was just laying there staring in space and trying his hardest to meow when I spoke to him. The next morning they called to let us know that Tyler had past away. I wish more than anything that I would have done research on Hartz before I used the medicine on him. If I had my little boy would still be here.

2 thoughts on “Tyler Kitty”

  1. I just gave my 3 year old kitty that same stuff. 2 days and 250$ later in vet bills, he’s still laid up in my bed with a fever, not wanting to move or eat/drink and use the bathroom. How is this crap on the market?!?! I’m sorry about your kitty :( I’m even more worried about mine now that I’ve come across this story. He’s my child and best friend, if I lost him I don’t know what I would do.

  2. I’m really sorry that this is happening to you. My heart truly goes out to you. The grocery store I work at sells Hartz. I told them I will not check out anyone who tries to purchase a Hartz product and they more or less laughed when I told them what happened to my cat but you don’t see them using it on their animals. I can’t believe a company can make something like this and get away with it. I hope your little man gets better.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *