I had not used this medication previously, but wanted to save some money so I thought I’d give the Hartz a try.
About 6 weeks ago I had to make a trip to our after hours emergency vet after administering Hartz flea medication to my 8 year old toy poodle. He had a heartbreaking neurological reaction that started within minutes after administration of the medication. Both the emergency vet and my regular vet (whom we saw the next day) commented on how lucky Petey was, as they have seen animals die from this poison. My sweet boy is alive and well and after about 48 hours had no more symptoms.
So much for saving money! Total cost was about $300.00 for which I am actually thankful because my dog is alive and there was no permanent damage.
These companies should be held responsible for what they have done. It is absolutely appalling that our pets have endured so much suffering and these companies are not held accountable.
This year I am opting for a natural alternative if any of you know something to recommend.