In Memory of our Family Friend

This evening our 2 year old healthy cat died in my 9 year old sons room.  We never ever let our cat outside but somehow he ended up with some fleas.  My Dad said whatever you do don’t wash him in Hartz products.  I did not think this meant not to even use a flea collar.  For the last two weeks he has been uneasy and even quite scary at times.  Chasing my daughter as she walked by hiding under chairs, unable to sit for a long period of time, and he seemed to want to attack everyone.  This evening I heard the worst meow in the world.  I rushed upstairs to find Bishop lying on his side eyes open and struggling to catch a breath.  His hair stood up on his tail as he turned his head to look at us and took his last breath.  I felt helpless.  He died right in front of my 9 year old son.  I feel so guilty I should have never purchased this product.  He was a peaceful happy cat who loved to cuddle and the past few weeks had not seemed himself.  He was up-to-date on all shots and he was never sick.  What a terrible experience.  What can we do?  Helpless.

4 thoughts on “In Memory of our Family Friend”

  1. You should report it to the EPA and also Hartz, I did and they did offer to pay me $50.00 toward a new pet but you have a vet bill you should get back. Hope you kept the unused portions too. They will ask for them too. Hope you get what you deserve. Cathy Yates

  2. I am a class action lawyer in the San Francisco area, and investigating the toxicity of Hartz flea products and the possibility of filing a class action against the company. I am very sorry for your loss. Please contact me if you would like to talk about your experience.

    Thanks very much.

    Jacqueline Mottek
    Positive Legal Group
    [email protected]
    415.302.5371 (cell)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *