I gave my 7lb Shihtzu this poison two days ago. I didn’t know. This morning she was lethargic and trembling and would cry out in pain every few minutes. I started to google search b/c I just had a feeling it was the flea “poison”. I ran across this site. I immediately bathed her (about three hours ago) with Dawn and she is actually feeling better. She is laying in the back yard in the warm spring sun and has eaten as well as drank some water.
Since she seems to be better should I take her to the vet? I have not had the best experience with PetSmart as I took her to the vet the first time this happened (last month) and they didn’t link it to the flea treatment. She had a fever and was trembling. She recovered two days later so I thought it was a cold. But then when it happened again, I realized it was Hartz.