Christmas Eve I had to say good-bye to my loved one “Binx”
Binx was a kitten I found in the garage at 2days old. I hand raised him and he was my baby. He would have been 10yrs old inJune/09. My other cat Salem had gotten the (ickies)worms, so the vet gave him a shot and sent home profender for binx. We applied and he managed to ingest some. Within 72 hours my cat was so deathly sick, I was in the Vets office Christmas Eve at 8am until I said goodbye. The vet stated he had the makers of profender on the phone and that they only know 2 cases of fatal ingestion. NO BLOOD work is required before putting this on your animal, IT SHOULD BE. Binx kidneys could not get rid of the toxins. My vet was very compassionate and stated that he will in future do blood work on any of the animals that need this toxic drug. If Binx life can save another than I will be ok. I thank God for the time I had, but I deeply miss my Binx…..