1. Here is the WhoIs info for Hartz’s purchase of Hartzvictims.com and Hartzvictims.net:
|Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :|
|The Hartz Mountain Corporation|
|400 Plaza Drive|
|Secaucus, NJ 07094|
Hartz doesn’t have an email address contact info on their website (wonder why).
Email them and let them know what happened to your pet! Ask them why they are interfering with hartzvictims.org by purchasing related domain names.
2. Write a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Here is a link: http://newjersey.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=89&bbb=0221&firm=12001623
File a complaint with the BBB. If you can’t use the link then goto www.us.bbb.org and do an advanced search for “hartz” and use “Secaucus” (in the city field) and “NJ” (in the state field). Use Microsoft Word to check your word count (characters including spaces must be under 2030 characters).
3. Contact your state consumer affairs division. Google it.
4. File a complaint at the store where you got the product – insist on filing the complaint with a manager.
5. Let everyone you know (friends, families, facebook, myspace, etc…) to AVOID Hartz products because they will harm/kill your pet. Don’t use the word “boycott” because that implies that you are objecting to Hartz products based on a political agenda. This is not political – this is a SAFETY issue!
6. Here are some additional email addys I found for hartz:
7. Keep all the receipts for Vet care. Have your Vet give you a written diagnosis. Make sure it states he feels the use of the product is the cause of the animals need for the current medical treatment or death. Photo copy this and add it to all written complaints you send.
8. * File a complaint/report with Hartz at 1-800-275-1414 Follow that with written complaints to the following:
Consumer Relations Department
The Hartz Mountain Corporation
400 Plaza Drive Secaucus, NJ 07094 USA
Associate Director Consumer Relations and Technical Services The Hartz Mountain Corporation
9. The Owners of Hartz
Sumitomo Corporation of America (SCOA)
Atsushi Nishijo Executive Vice President General Manager for the Americas
Director & President, Sumitomo Corporation of America
There Amerciacn offices- New York (Headquarters)
Sumitomo Corporation of America
600 Third Avenue New York, NY 10016-2001
Tel: 212.207.0700 Fax: 212.207.0456
Web site http://www.sumitomocorp.com/ Email contact at http://www.sumitomocorp.com/contact.html
10. * Make a report with the EPA National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC): 1-800-858-7378,
seven days a week excluding holidays, from 6:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time – or fax them on(514) 737-076 or send an email [email protected] (or do both)
You can write to the EPA’s Office of Pesticide Programs at: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Pesticide Programs (Mail Code 7509C) Ariel Rios Building
1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW Washington, D.C. 20460
11. Also file a report with Pesticides: Topically Applied External Parasiticides
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 800) 858-PEST
12. Also contact your State EPA office to file a report.
13. Write your government officials ask them to bring pressure on the EPA over the tremendous numbers of complaints filed over the years about animals being seriously injured and/or dead after this product being applied by humans that do read and follow the instructions. Include your State Attorney General and Consumer Protection advocates for your state.
14. The members of the Senate Subcommittee on Consumer
Affairs and Product Safety:
15. The members of the House Subcommittee on Environment,
Technology, and Standards:
16. File a complaint and have your Vet do so also wite
Veterinary Medicine, Food and Drug Administration at the web address: www.fda.gov/cvm/contactcvm/contactCVM.html and following a link for “Report a Drug Reaction”. You can also submit an adverse drug reaction to the Center for Veterinary Medicine by telephoning
17. File complaints with the FDA
Animal Drugs, Devices and Foods
Veterinarians and animal owners may report adverse drug experiences to FDA by:
Telephoning the Center for Veterinary Medicine: 1-888-FDA-VETS
IMPORTANT:The identities all persons and animals is held in strict confidence by FDA and protected to the fullest extent of the law.The reporter’s identity may be shared with the manufacturer or distributor unless requested otherwise.
18. File a complaint/report with:
Animal Biologics: Vaccines, Bacterins and Diagnostic Kits
U.S. Department of Agriculture (800) 752-6255
19. Call your local Poison Control (see the front of your phone book) and make a report.
20. The HSUS would also like to keep track of these cases. Please send your contact information, the product name, a brief description of the health problem, and a brief summary of your veterinarian’s findings to The HSUS at the following address:
The Humane Society of the United States Companion Animals Department: Flea Products 2100 L St. NW Washington, D.C. 20037
21. Contact your local news stations, TV, radio, and newspapers about what Hartz did to your beloved companion.
22. Make a written complaint to the main office of the store where you purchased the product from Do not give them the package until you’ve written down every number on it. Hartz and the store will ask you for the UPC code, the batch number and any other number they think of. The store may claim they need to test any remaining residues of the product you may have in the tube to see if it was a ‘bad batch.’ Let them, but only after you’ve gotten all the info off the box. Even if you don’t have the box or tube anymore, still make the complaint.
PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc. 9125 Rehco Road San Diego, CA 92121
Telephone Number:(858) 453-7845 Phone: 1-888-824-PALS(7257) (Monday – Friday: 7am – 6pm PST)
Email form http://www.petco.com/corpinfo_contact.asp?webt=0