I am writing to warn everyone against Hartz Gold Flea and Tick. Recently, I purchased this product as my Vet was closed and I figured to take a short cut, not at good idea. Immediately after putting the medicine on my two very big boxers they both started getting welps all over their body. I read the instuctions and followed them about bathing them and figured at that time we were all safe. Not so! I sleep with my dogs, and in the middle of the night I woke up with a swollen face and swollen eye. The medicine even though washed from my dogs had made it’s way to my skin and eyes. I immediately started googling the product and found that the product is toxic. I called Hartz poison hotline and I was instructed to go to the emergency room. $1,000 later, I am begging everyone to stop using this product. I am not sure why it is still on the market!
Baton Rouge, LA