My chihuahua Peewee recently acquired a mild flea problem. Wouldn’t be much of a problem except that he is allergic to fleas. He was so miserable…scratching so much that he scratched himself raw all over his little 7 pound body. I actually put his winter sweater on in an effort to keep him from hurting himself further. On his way home from work, I asked my husband to pick up something from WalMart for fleas. He brought home Hartz Ultra Guard pour on for dogs/cats. We carefully read the instructions and poured a thin line from his shoulders to the base of his tail. About 3 a.m., we were awakened by Peewee scratching. He would rub all over the covers trying to get relief from the itching/burning. I turned on the light and found that he was broken out all over with hives. I bathed him immediately with baby shampoo and gave him a small dose of Benedryl. Then I went online to see what else I could do for him. My search..allergies in dogs from Hartz…brought me to this Web site. I only wish I had the forethought to go online before I put that poison on my baby. Anyway, Peewee is in the hospital right now. By the time we arrived, he was running a fever, his eyes, ears, nose, feet and belly were all blood red, and he was very lethargic. The vet told me that we probably got him there in time, but only time would tell. She also said that they see hundreds of cases like this…due to Hartz. Apparently, cats have more severe reactions and most have seizures and die. How can these people get by with this? They are killing animals, people’s pets, and getting by with it for profit. How can they continue to sell this product??? How many animals have to die before something is done? We thought we were helping our beloved, sweet little Peewee. We had no idea we could be killing him.