Hartz flea medicine killed my sweet baby!

I lost my best friend last week.  I am positive that Hartz flea medicine is how she got poisioned.  She was such a sweet girl and beautiful cat.  She suffered tremendously because of sometime I put on her to try and help her.  I had heard nothing about Hartz products poisioning animals.  I put it on her without a second thought.

She had been fine when I went to bed the night before she died.  She had played out in the yard after I came home from work and came in at dark to get her nightly snuggles before going to bed.  My mother came by my house the next day and called me at work.  She said that something bad was wrong with Jumper.  I left work immediately to go to her and to get her to a vet.

She had already lost control of her bowels; was vomiting everywhere; lost her sight and hearing; her hair was coming out in clumps, running a high tempature; she couldn’t walk more than a couple of steps without falling, and she was has having seizures one on top of the other.  She would not be over a seizure 15 to 30 seconds before she would starting having another.  I rushed her to the vet but it was too late.  He said that she had been poisioned and he didn’t know if her could save her.  She was in such bad shape that I could stand the thoughts of her suffering anymore.  I loved her too much to allow that to happen.  I had him to put her down.

Hartz should be put out of business.  They should not be able to sell their poision to animal lovers who have no idea of what their products truely are and what a chance they are taking by putting them on their beloved animals.  I cannot believe that the government allows this.  I promise this.  I will never buy another Hartz product and I will tell any one who will listen just what they sell.

2 thoughts on “Hartz flea medicine killed my sweet baby!”

  1. I am so sorry for your loss! I too had a precious female calico die today and the vet said the Hartz flea medication I put on her contributed to her death by causing alergic reaction resulting in respritory failure. It was a terrible thing to witness her suffocation right in front of my eyes and the vet could do nothing to help her. Did you turn your situation in to any agencies governing these type of products? If so, I would appreciate you letting me know whom you contacted as I would like to be involved in stopping the over-the-counter sales of these deadly poisons.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *