Rocco SEVERELY HURT by Hartz Chew & Clean intenstinal blockage

I bought a Hartz Play ‘n Snack Triple Pack for my 8 month old French Bulldog puppy Rocco.  This product included three items: 1. Chew n’ Clean Durable Nylon Bone 2. Snack Bursts – Beef & Bacon Flavored Treats3. Bacon Bone – Corn Starch Chew BoneHe is an active 8 month old puppy who likes to chew.  I have had great luck with similar products, however the Hartz Chew n’ Clean “durable” nylon bone unfortunately was partially ingested by Rocco.  He was perfectly fine and then Sunday morning after our am walk and breakfast he stopped playing and began to vomit.  This continued all day and night Sunday.  1st thing Monday morning I called my vet and made an appointment.  Rocco would not eat.  He would drink water, but could not keep anything down.At the time I did not know what was causing the problem.  The vet examined Rocco. He was not running a fever and she ruled out illness as a cause.  She X-rayed Rocco but couldn’t see anything.  However, she was very concerned that he had eaten a foreign object and there was an obstruction.  To make a long and painful story short.  Rocco had swallowed pieces of this “Durable” Nylon Bone which caused a very severe partial blockage.  Basically the pieces were stuck in his stomach and being pulled into his small intestine to no avail because they were stuck.  He had emergency surgery on Thursday which removed the pieces.  Fortunately we caught it in time but it was very touch and go.  He is still in the hospital and I HOPE to be alble to take him home Monday. I am posting this in hopes that other doggie parents will know that this product IS VERY VERY DANGEROUS it can severely injure your pet and even KILL!  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THESE KINDS OF PRODUCTS TO YOUR PETS!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *