Hartz Flea Collar Poisoned my Baby

My poor kitty Shady Marie likes to go outside supervised on a harness during the summer months.  I have always purchased him flea collars to wear during those months.  I recently purchased a Hartz flea collar, I believe it was the 3 in 1 collar.  It was white with a purple stripe.  My usually vivacious pet was markedly changed within hours of putting on the collar.  He was hiding under my bed and was very lethargic, behaviors that are uncommon for him.  He has worn flea collars in the past and never behaved in this manner.  I researched and found this site.  Thankfully, I have a wonderful boyfriend who was also alerted by Shady’s odd and sickly behavior.  We immediately removed the collar and shampooed him. Within a short period of time, it was obvious he was feeling much better.  I cannot imagine what his fate would have been had I not removed this devilish collar.  This product should be banned, or at least come with a warning.  Even cigarettes have warnings.  Protect your pet, do not purchase this product.  Kristyn A Lowing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *