Acute Pancreatitis

About 10 years ago I purchased a package of rawhide chews, made by Hartz, at the grocery store. The next morning, after eating a chew the day before, my dog was in the emergency hospital with acute pancreatitis. He was put on an IV, spent the night & did recover, but the vet bill was outrageously expensive. The only thing I could assume to be the cause was the rawhide. I never again purchased anything made by Hartz. I see a similar story posted by another dog owner at this site. I know the latest concern seems to be with cats, but dog owners should also beware!

Ilene

hartz shapoo killed my cat

we had a bad flea problem from a pup we adopted from the pound so we had to deflea our animals  then bomb our home this was a very long time ago after  we had dipped our kitty powder a few hrs later we found her dead under the bead and we didnt even get  anything in her mouth  or ears or eyes  for her head we used a wet cloth with dawn which is a great flea killer  we were extra carefull and more than capable of doing  the dip as i am a groomer and own my own shop  hartz should def be removed

hartz isnt the only deadly one

At 10 p.m. on a wed. I accidentlly gave my cat’s “Dyna” and “Moo” the wrong flea medication-used for dogs, and did not realize it until the next day when they both were twiching and flipping out, so I gave them a bath. Not better- In a panic I called a vet. I was told to bring them in a.s.a.p.- which I did. They told me that SENTRY/SENTRY PRO was not good for them as well as HARTZ, or any of the over the counter flea medication. They told me to wash the cats with DAWN dish soap to help extract the oil from their fur and skin. The Chemicals in most over the counter flea treatments is toxic and fatal. The antidote-valium-Diazipan. The MOST SCARY THING THE PACKAGE READS: HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. Still in tears as I watchfully monitor “moo” the smallest cat as she is still shaking and crying with fear. The next 48 hrs. she could get worse or better. Praying its better. Their needs to be more info out there for pet lovers about the chemicals used for animal care.

hartz shapoo killed my cat

we had a bad flea problem from a pup we adopted from the pound so we had to deflea our animals  then bomb our home this was a very long time ago after  we had dipped our kitty powder a few hrs later we found her dead under the bead and we didnt even get  anything in her mouth  or ears or eyes  for her head we used a wet cloth with dawn which is a great flea killer  we were extra carefull and more than capable of doing  the dip as i am a groomer and own my own shop  hartz should def be removed

hartz isnt the only deadly one

At 10 p.m. on a wed. I accidentlly gave my cat’s "Dyna" and "Moo" the wrong flea medication-used for dogs, and did not realize it until the next day when they both were twiching and flipping out, so I gave them a bath. Not better- In a panic I called a vet. I was told to bring them in a.s.a.p.- which I did. They told me that SENTRY/SENTRY PRO was not good for them as well as HARTZ, or any of the over the counter flea medication. They told me to wash the cats with DAWN dish soap to help extract the oil from their fur and skin. The Chemicals in most over the counter flea treatments is toxic and fatal. The antidote-valium-Diazipan. The MOST SCARY THING THE PACKAGE READS: HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. Still in tears as I watchfully monitor "moo" the smallest cat as she is still shaking and crying with fear. The next 48 hrs. she could get worse or better. Praying its better. Their needs to be more info out there for pet lovers about the chemicals used for animal care.

RIP Little Nitro!!

April 14, 2007, my boyfriend suprised me with the cutest 3 week old gray tabby cat for our 3 year anniversary together–We named him Nitro.  He was my first animal that I ever grew attached to.  On Friday March 7, I had purchased some flea powder for the carpet and spray for the furniture.  On Friday night I had sprayed our furniture.  On Saturday March 8 2008, I sprinkled the powder onto our carpet and followed the directions and vacuumed it back up.  We opened all of the windows and turned all the fans on high to get the chemicals out of the house and we kept Nitro in the bathroom where nothing was sprayed or sprinkled.  I woke up Sunday morning and fed Nitro as usual and we played with his toys and he’d try attacking our feet (he liked doing this) and he ate all of his food.  Around 7:30 pm Sunday night March 9th I smelled something like feces thinking he went to the bathroom somewhere other then his litter box.  I used my nose to find that he was dead laying in his own waste.  I screamed and cryed!!! I lost my friend, my family.

I want to make everyone I know aware of this webpage and tell everyone I know that Hartz is deadly!!! I miss my Nitro–RIP nitro Love Mommy

SERGEANT’S GOLD FLEA/TICK SQUEEZE ON (DEADLY MED)

My name is Pamela and I have a little 1 yr old chihuahua named Evie,one night after I bathed her and put SERGEANT’S GOLD squeeze on flea/tick killer on her….she got crazy acting within 5 minutes.She ran around and was breathing heavy….within 10 more minutes she was dragging her back legs behind her and biting at them while choking and shaking her head.Her pupils were HUGE.I figured out what was going on and washed her over and over in dish soap.Gave her 1/2 teaspoon of **childrens Benadryl**(I continued that for days after until she seemed fully recovered)Had I not known what to do and acted quickly….she would have died….no question about it.It was the CYPHENOTHRIN ingredient.Watch for that in other flea/tick killers because they are out there.

RIP Little Nitro!!

April 14, 2007, my boyfriend suprised me with the cutest 3 week old gray tabby cat for our 3 year anniversary together–We named him Nitro.  He was my first animal that I ever grew attached to.  On Friday March 7, I had purchased some flea powder for the carpet and spray for the furniture.  On Friday night I had sprayed our furniture.  On Saturday March 8 2008, I sprinkled the powder onto our carpet and followed the directions and vacuumed it back up.  We opened all of the windows and turned all the fans on high to get the chemicals out of the house and we kept Nitro in the bathroom where nothing was sprayed or sprinkled.  I woke up Sunday morning and fed Nitro as usual and we played with his toys and he’d try attacking our feet (he liked doing this) and he ate all of his food.  Around 7:30 pm Sunday night March 9th I smelled something like feces thinking he went to the bathroom somewhere other then his litter box.  I used my nose to find that he was dead laying in his own waste.  I screamed and cryed!!! I lost my friend, my family.

I want to make everyone I know aware of this webpage and tell everyone I know that Hartz is deadly!!! I miss my Nitro–RIP nitro Love Mommy