Acute Pancreatitis

About 10 years ago I purchased a package of rawhide chews, made by Hartz, at the grocery store. The next morning, after eating a chew the day before, my dog was in the emergency hospital with acute pancreatitis. He was put on an IV, spent the night & did recover, but the vet bill was outrageously expensive. The only thing I could assume to be the cause was the rawhide. I never again purchased anything made by Hartz. I see a similar story posted by another dog owner at this site. I know the latest concern seems to be with cats, but dog owners should also beware!

Ilene

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *