The FDA

I once worked for a leading official in the FDA’s Center for Veterinary medicine.  She said that pets are not their priority.  Food animals are.  That is why no action is taken against this horrid company.  We should be lobbying the Government and filling the media with these stories.  There is no one to advocate for Pets.

2 thoughts on “The FDA”

  1. Last year, I paid over one thousand dollars to the vet to keep my cat, Squeeky, alive after a kidney failure caused by China’s ingredient, glutin, in his cat food. This is how much I love my cat! On July 1st, I put a Hartz flea collar on him to help rid him of the worst case of fleas that I have ever experienced. After a week and a half had passed, I saw no visible change in his discomfort, so I removed the collar and put the Hartz Ultra Guard Plus on him. He began the next day, acting wierd, running thru the house, knocking over things as he ran into them, and jumping straight up a few feet into the air from a sitting position, etc. He quit eating or drinking anything and went under the crawl space of my house and wouldn’t come out. Once I retrieved him, he was in a trance-like condition. I got on the web site for Hartz and found these horrible stories. Immediately, I washed him with dish detergent. He was so weak that he didn”t offer any resistance. I had to use a dropper to force water into him to keep him alive. This all began on the 11th of July and it is now the 29th. He has finally started drinking on his own, but still will only eat gravies. He is now half the weight he used to be. What is it that there is no control on what is provided for our dear pets? He may never be the same because of this!

  2. Dear Kathryn,

    I am having a similar situation with my dog Ginger. How is Squeeky doing now? Hopefully better. This is the second night I’m dealing with my dog being poisoned by Sergeants silver flea and tick. It’s absolutely the worst thing for a pet owner to go through. Please let me know if there is anything you found that I could do to stop this company from selling this product. It’s 2:30 in the morning and it’s Saturday. So finding a vet tomorrow is going to be difficult. I’m just now putting my finger on her illness and I know for sure after reading familiar post that this product is what is causing Ginger to suffer the way she is. I feel horrible for doing this to my own pet and I’m willing to do anything to help her. My heart goes out to you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *