As I’m writing these lines, my little one year old shiztsu, Herni, is sitting on my lap, still damp from the emergency bath my daughter and I gave her a while ago. Yesterday we found a flea in her, so today, I bought at the supermarket Stop and Shop a pack of HARTZ 3 in 1 Flea and Tick drops for dogs and puppies 15 lbs and under. I followed the instructions and applied the product on my dog’s coat. A few minutes after, she started acting very strange, sniffing, salivating a lot, coughing and licking the floor like crazy. After a while I decided this wasn’t normal, and that it was a reaction to the flea drops. I don’t think she ingested the product, but, I can’t discard this possibility. Anyway, after 10 min. of this frantic behaviour, I gave her milk, and she drank two bowls. Then I gave her a warm bath to rinse off all the poison. After the bath she seemed to get better, but kept drinking more milk. It’s only been around 2 hours since the incident began, and I was shocked when I googled "Hartz – poison" and found hundreds of websites with complaints about this product! This is obviously a product that can’t be sold anymore. I hope this letter adds to the big list of scary stories involving Hartz products. My sympathy to those affected.Oh, by the way, my baby seems to be ok now.
Long Island, NY
August 17, 2007