My name is Misty and on Thursday, June 21, I administered Hartz flea and tick drops on our family cat, Trixie, which lead to its death. I use to rescue cats and had done this many times before with no adverse reactions. The package said 15 lbs. or less and that he was. I had never heard of any such of poisons or reactions so I was in shock when I went outside to check on my beloved family member and it was seizing/convulsing in our garage. When I called the emergency animal clinic I was told the products were in the process of being pulled off the market because they were toxic to animals. My kitty also began to foam at the mouth, growl, hiss, urinate on himself and bit his paws throughout these tremors until he died. Our family is now in shock and very sadden with this loss. So are all of our neighbors because Trixie was so friendly. I hope you will pass this along in hopes this won’t happen to another family pet.