Hartz flea & tick drops killed my 8 year old cat =(

I am quite too upset to talk about this in detail but my cat was given the Hartz flea & tick drops for cats and kittens in August of this year (2006) and the very next month she became anemic, dehydrated lethargic and we had to put her to sleep because she was in so much pain from kidney failure and the vet said it seemed as if she had been poisoned and she absolutelythinks it is because of the Hartz product, she said that after talking with other veterinarians about this she found that many animals are being brought in to emergency clinics because of suffering caused by Hartz flea and tick products. She actually wrote the Hartz company a letter for us to give to them telling them what their product most likely did to our cat. I feel SO extremely guilty for this. I will never get over this, having to sit there and talk kindly to my cat as the vet put her to sleep, and I watched her die. It will haunt me forever. I don’t want anyone else to ever have to go through this because of Hartz!

My vet is actually boycotting Hartz products, as is everyone in their hospital. If that doesn’t tell you enough about Hartz being deadly to animals, that an entire veterinary center is boycotting it, then I don’t know what can convince anyone. PLEASE don’t use Hartz products on your animals! The flea and tick drops don’t even kill the fleas!! It just may kill your pet like it did mine! And Hartz couldn’t possibly care LESS!

Serena H.
Murfreesboro, TN

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *