Last week we applied Hartz to our dogs after spotting a couple of fleas on them. They went to bed, and the next morning, our 6 lb. maltese was lethargic, lost his appetite, and had diarrhea. We waited a day (big mistake) before going to the vet. When we got there, they took our dog from us to give him an emergency bath. After the bath the vet gave him a shot of atropene (which is used in humans as they recover from heart attacks) and explained to us the dangerous products Hartz has on this shelves. We truly had no idea that this product could literally poison our dog to death. He has slowly regained his appetite but remains lethargic. It’s like our playful puppy was replaced by a sick old dog. I hope he gets better, but I don’t know what else we can do but try to wait as his body flushes this crap out. Boo to Hartz!